Clean Energy Program Coordinator
Community Energy Project (CEP) is an independent nonprofit that delivers DIY workshops and free home energy repairs and efficiency upgrades to income qualifying individuals, seniors, and people with disabilities.
Community Energy Project believes that everyone deserves a safe, healthy, and efficient home, regardless of income.
In Homes Program Coordinator
$26.55/hour ($55,224 per year), paid sick and vacation; fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance; and other benefits listed below.
In Homes Program Director
Email cover letter and resume to Donovan James, Director of Finance and Administration [email protected].
The Program Coordinator (PC) provides timely and effective coordination of CEP’s retrofitting and repair programs. They will coordinate the intake, scheduling, and client relations for the Portland Clean Energy Fund (PCEF) team. They are expected to provide excellent customer service and build trust with clients in a respectful and culturally competent manner. They are responsible for supporting the PCEF Manager with inputting and maintaining program related data for reporting and communications. They are also responsible for supporting Program Managers and Auditors with client scheduling and communication.
- Project Management
- Manage construction projects based on scope of work.
- Coordination with subcontractor and clients for scheduling
- Updating and reporting on project status in compliance with grant and contract requirements.
- General knowledge of construction methods and energy efficiency. Basic knowledge of HVAC and electrical and plumbing is preferable.
- Manage funding of projects across multiple sources.
- Assist In-Homes managers with outreach, marketing and communications around the program, as needed.
- Working with and educating hundreds of individual low-income clients including seniors, veterans, and marginalized communities on our programs.
- Providing guidance on the low-income program requirements and operations support including managing shared data
Data Management and Organization
- Input client data into Salesforce database and Maintain this database. .
- Work includes Salesforce, Google Suite, Microsoft Suite.
General Office Tasks
- Being at the office at least 3 or 4 days a week from ~9 am to 4 pm.
- Answering phones, referring clients to appropriate staff/programs as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in managing data: data entry, troubleshooting, data technology
- Experience with customer service, and/or public speaking
- Bicultural/Bilingual in Spanish, Russian, or Vietnamese preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills—able to communicate effectively with diverse individuals and groups of people in a variety of manners, including during public speaking and presentations
- Experience with data management, data analysis, reporting, and program evaluation is crucial
- Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and access to a vehicle, willingness to travel around state, sometimes for several nights
- Strong writing and editing skills for developing client-facing reports, manuals, and content.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbally—able
to manage and communicate effectively with diverse individuals and groups of people in a variety of manners, ability to convey information to clients and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Demonstrated personal or professional experience with culturally-informed services to diverse and traditionally underserved groups (e.g. BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, low-income) is highly desirable.
- Position requires extensive time sitting in front of a computer
- Non-smoking, drug-free workplace.
Statement of Inclusion
Community Energy Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Community Energy Project values and operates by a policy of inclusion, providing equal opportunity to all persons regardless of their protected status, including race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and/or any other class determined by law.
CEP is proud to offer a robust benefits package that includes paying 100% of the monthly premium for employee-only health care coverage. CEP also matches up to 3% of the employee’s contribution to their 403 (b). We offer 10 days of vacation time off per year, 12 days of sick time per year, 11 days of paid time off for nationally recognized holidays, as well as paid days between Christmas and New Years Eve. Eight weeks paid sabbatical at six years.
Please send your resume and a cover letter that explains your interest in the position and how your experience is applicable to this position to Donovan James, Director of Finance and Administration, at [email protected]. Applications due by Dec 3rd, with interviews scheduled for the week of Dec 4th and 11th. Ideal start date for this position is the first week of January.