Public Relations Account Manager
PR Account Manager, Portland
Please apply through our online application.
Please Note: This is a client-facing role and team members must be based in Portland, Oregon. To support a sense of ease between work and life, our team members work remotely with optional usage of our office space.
Are you passionate about using your talents and skills to make an impact for a mission-driven organization? Are you looking for a team where you can be seen, heard, and encouraged to bring new ideas to the table? Ready for an environment where leadership demonstrates and supports a true sense of ease between work and life?
Bloom may just be the place for you.
Established in 2012, Bloom Communications is a research-based, full-service communications agency integrating marketing, public relations, crisis management, and creative services for clients across the U.S. and around the world with teams based in Austin, Texas, Portland, Oregon, and Asheville, North Carolina. Partnering exclusively with mission-driven organizations dedicated to growing and impacting their communities, we leverage the diverse expertise of our team, providing unparalleled experience and services with the personal touch of a boutique agency.
We are looking for an experienced PR Account Manager to join our PR team from our Portland, OR office. This role requires the ability to manage client relationships, develop PR strategies, build and grow media relationships, lead campaigns for a variety of diverse clientele, and an openness to mentor junior team members.
We are continually refining our services to ensure we remain competitive and offer exceptional, relevant, and effective communications services for our clients. In order to do this, we know we have to have an exceptional team in place. Our focus is to remain a great company to work for while providing growth opportunities to our people so they are learning and growing personally along with the company.
You’ll fit in perfectly with us if you are a positive team player, mission-minded, a trailblazer, a high-achiever, self-motivated, and eager to grow a career in integrated communications.
More about the Role
You’ll work with a broad range of client projects across a variety of industries and support business-to-business, business-to-consumer, and nonprofit organizations through creative PR campaigns designed to make the greatest impact for the success of our clients and our organization.
Although marketing is not the main focus of the role, you’ll need to understand how Marketing and PR work in a complementary way to deliver results for clients. You’ll need to bring the experience, and we’ll provide training and guidance for the particulars you need to know on how we do things uniquely for our clients.
Our ideal team member will be excited about PR and communications and understand the importance marketing brings to an organization’s success. They will need prior experience in a similar role, formal education and/or training in the PR realm, the skills that will complement our team, and they will be creative, forward-thinking, and have that extra special interest and drive for what we do.
What You’ll be Doing
The PR Account Manager will directly manage and support a set of client accounts. Proven experience in digital marketing, client management, project management, and a strong understanding of how marketing, PR, research, and creative work together to form successful campaigns is required.
Overall Role Requirements
Proven and Demonstrated Experience in the following areas:
- Exceptional initiative, organization, and commitment to quality client service and deliverables accountability.
- Desire and ability to strengthen and retain client relationships, going above and beyond for client organizations.
- Proven experience in client management — guiding goals, objectives, KPIs, strategies, tactics, action items, scope, and budget discussions, etc.
- Financial management of accounts – working with manager and team members to determine and outline budgets, preparing scopes of work, and overseeing job hours and expenses.
- Relationship management with internal and external partners/team members – creative, marketing, press and media, vendor partners, etc.
- Quickly learns new processes, tools, and manages time effectively.
- Excellent communicator. Listens actively and pays close attention to detail, and proactively turns client inputs into actions.
- erves as a positive team player.
- May contribute to the professional development of junior team members and participate in developing training initiatives.
- Proven track record of leading, supporting, and developing integrated PR strategies and campaigns that drive client-identified objectives and priorities.
- Experience driving and managing all aspects of PR strategies and deliverables including editorial calendar development, story mining, thought leadership approaches, press releases, media pitches, media kits, contributed articles, etc.
- Creates and leads the development and management of media lists to meet client objectives.
Establishes rapport with media and develops and maintains ongoing media relationships.
- Responds well under tight timelines and media deadlines with the ability to direct clients for interviews.
- Secures client coverage across a variety of media platforms and outlets including local, regional, and national placements.
- Develops a client thought leadership strategy (speaker’s bureau, white papers, articles, blogs, podcasts, newsletters, etc.)
- Demonstrates knowledge and growth in brand positioning, content development, marketing campaign development, social media, PR, research, and reporting.
- Understands integrated marketing concepts across a variety of media types and how PR can complement and support such efforts.
- Develops organizational and campaign positioning and messaging platforms.
- Gathers and understands industry or competitor market data and how it can shape campaign strategies.
- Researches industry trends and insights to gain deeper knowledge of clients he/she serves, prepares for shifts, identifies opportunities, and strengthens client trust.
- Develops exceptional content across a variety of PR deliverables.
- Defines, along with clients, proper target audiences: who they are and how to reach them.
- Sets, tracks, and reports on client KPIs.
- Interfaces comfortably with all levels within the organization, including executives.
- Demonstrates confident presentation skills (preparation and delivery).
- Demonstrates past experience in growing client accounts. Understands how to shape strategic recommendations to meet campaign metrics.
- Possesses thorough understanding of how PR reporting software can inform media monitoring and results reports.
Additional Role Requirements:
- Works well independently and leads others in a remote office structure.
- Experience working with clients and colleagues across multiple time zones.
- Crisis communications planning and management experience is a plus.
- Quickly learns new tools and manages time effectively.
We expect every team member to exemplify leadership in our core values that are so important to us.
- Invested in Talent and Heart: Our team members are our greatest asset. We hire and retain people from diverse backgrounds who are not only able to create a big impact for our clients, but also demonstrate our core values daily.
- Believe in true partnership between agency and client: We value and prioritize trusting and positive relationships with our clients that always include respect, transparency, honesty, and genuine friendliness.
- Committed to reliability and follow-through excellence: We follow through on our commitments 100% of the time. If we say we’re going to take care of something, you can rest assured we’ll deliver on-time, on-budget, and with excellence.
- Practice fiscal responsibility: We always find unique ways to do more with less. We work hard to conserve client financial resources as if they were our own, and will only recommend additional business when it best serves the client.
- Fueled by a passion for the greater good: We take an active role in our communities by working with mission-driven organizations because we believe it’s imperative to serve others.
- Our passion and experience fuel our dedication and creativity: We don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach. Each of our team members brings a unique set of skills and insights, and we leverage each of them for your benefit.
More About Bloom Communications
Bloom Communications is a research-based, full-service communications agency integrating marketing, public relations, market research, and creative services. Partnering exclusively with mission-driven organizations dedicated to growing and impacting their communities, we leverage the diverse expertise of our team, providing unparalleled experience and services with the personal touch of a boutique agency. Established in 2012, we support organizations across the U.S. and the globe from our locations in Austin, Texas, Portland, Oregon, and Asheville, North Carolina.
We base our core success measures on the desire and mission to see every employee, “Bloom” (v) to flourish; to thrive.
Our pace is fast and we are incredibly dedicated to our clients. The perfect fit for this role is an individual who is a trail-blazer, achiever, self-motivated, and eager to grow a career in integrated communications.
We are an inclusive, passionate, and mission-driven team that cares deeply about the growth of our people, the success of our clients, and the collective impact we can make to create positive change in the world. Bloom Communications is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, welcoming everyone to our team.
We strongly encourage applications from people of all identities and backgrounds, and those who are members of marginalized communities. We are proud to celebrate all attributes and perspectives that make us unique. Bloom recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com