If you ignore the weather, maybe you can feel spring right around the corner as the SE Portland Area Artwalk arrives this weekend. The art-walk showcases over 100 artists in the areas of Hawthorne, Clinton, Division, and Powell streets. Grab your umbrella, take pics of the first Cherry blossoms of the year, and know that spring is nearly here.
FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff!
Related Portland Events & Info
- Dance: Radical 80s Dance Cruise Every Saturday on Portland Spirit | Costumes, DJ MC, Group Discount (Feb 28)
- Music: Martin Sexton @ Aladdin Theater | Soul, Rock, Acoustic, w/ Brother’s McCann (Feb 28)
- Fundraiser: Drink From the Well Fundraiser – A 1920s Speakeasy @ CENTRL Office | Open Bar, Food, Costumes, Auction, Door Prizes & More! (Feb 28)
- Beer: Brewstillery Festival @ Stormbreaker Brewing | Beer & Spirit Pairing, 18 Breweries, 12 Distilleries (Feb 28)
Southeast Portland Area
boundaries of SE 9th Ave to SE 41st and SE Powell to SE Hawthorne Blvd
The SE Area ARTWalk is a FREE, self-guided walking tour. You will visit the studios, home workspaces, galleries, host homes and businesses within the walkable/bikeable/busable boundaries of SE 9th Ave, SE 41st, SE Powell and SE Hawthorne Blvd.
Nearly 70 artists will provide a blaze of colors, shapes, textures, and visual stimuli. Artists show in their own creative space or are hosted by local residents and businesses allowing you to visit indoor locations.
- 2015 Online Event Map to plan your walk
- 2015 Online Aritsts’ List to plan your walk
- 2015 Printable Map to bring along
HOW TO TAKE THE WALK: Arrive in the area, park, and enjoy the day in our neighborhood and commercial district! This is a self-guided walking tour and each location is marked with signage (left) and a bright green star balloon. You can use your portable smart phone, tablet or other mobile device to access the free online map as you make your way around or you can print the map and the artist’s list from the event website before you head out for the walk. Our map area: *(approximate) distance walking blocks in our hood !!!! *(walking speed and rate may vary per individual)
- East to West = 30+ minutes
- North to South = 20+ minutes
- Diagonal route = 45+ minutes
WHAT TO EXPECT: You will be able to talk with local artists, buy amazing items, and view an array of locally-created work. We have worked hard to enhance clusters of locations so the tour is walkable and/or bikeable. Public transportation is also encouraged and can be accessed through TriMet .
Our new Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here