From press release:
Riders to the Stars Bike Ride
December 20, 2014
4 p.m. | FREE
More info: Facebook
10280 N.E. Cascades Parkway
This ride goes up to Vancouver to pass by the cluster of over-the-top holiday light houses on the North side of the I-205 bridge. The highlight of the ride is RGB Stars – a street with the houses covered in thousands of stars containing red, green, and blue LEDs that can glow any color by varying the intensity of those independently-controlled light elements.
This highly-choreographed music/light show requires a half dozen computers to run everything. Everyone coming on the 18 mile ride gets a free RGB bike blinkee that blinks in multicolor patterns for the holidays or in plain white with all three LEDs on for use as a regular bike light.
Meet: 4 p.m., in the lobby of the IKEA Portland store (by the escalator with plenty of bike parking just outside the window). This is two blocks from the Cascades MAX Station, Stop ID 10574.
Bring: Hot tea, dark chocolate – if it’s cold and wet, wear quick-drying layers, avoid cotton
Skills: Got any skills you can bring to the party?
Related Portland Events & Info
- All Month: Portland Holiday Events, Bazaars, Shopping, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Local Markets
- Win Tickets ($50+): Oregon Ballet Theatre’s The Nutcracker @ Portland’s Keller Auditorium | Christmas / Holiday Classic (Dec 13-27)
- Win Tickets ($32+) Christmas Revels: Keep Magic @ St. Mary’s Academy | Traditional European Music & Choir, Dance, Costumes (Dec 18-23)
- Win Tickets ($60): New Year’s Eve in Funklandia @ Crystal Ballroom | All Night Dance w/ The Motet + Polyrhythmics & DJ Weather (Dec 31)
- Win Tickets ($160): New Year’s Eve w/ Hot Tuna @ Aladdin Theater | Champagne Toast, Acoustic & Electric Blues, Jefferson Airplane Spinoff (Dec 31)
FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff!
Our new Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here