Mardi Gras Day in 2019 is March 5. Mardi Gras Day (also known as Fat Tuesday) is the last day of the (New Orleans) Carnival season and the day before Ash Wednesday. Mardi Gras Day falls on a different day each year, however, it is always 46 days before Easter.
2019 Portland Mardi Gras Events
As always, we have a large list of Portland Mardi Gras and Fat Tuesday Day events including parties, dinners, shows, etc. With the main holiday occurring on a Tuesday, many large parties take place the weekend before.
- All Month: Discover Portland’s Hidden Mysteries w/ Urban Adventure Quest’s Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure!
- March 2: Mardi Gras Ball @ Tiffany Center | “Tableaux on Pirates Alley,” Produced by the Mysti Krewe, Costume Contest, King & Queen & More!
- March 5: Mardi Gras / Fat Tuesday Celebration @ Bare Bones Cafe & Bar | Featuring Swamp Thang, The New Iberians, King Cake
- March 5: Mardi Gras Party @ Crystal Ballroom | Fat Tuesday, Live Music by Soul Vaccination, 10,000 Beads, Burlesque, Aerialists, Circus Acts, Hosted by Sasha Scarlett
- March 5: Mardi Gras Day Parade on Mississippi Avenue | Free, Fat Tuesday
- March 5: Half Price Craft Beer Tuesdays @ EastBurn | 16 Rotating Taps
- March 5: $1 Tuesdays @ North Bar | Draft Rainier, Food, Pool, Slushies & More!
- March 5: Tesla Coil Day at Quarterworld Arcade Portland! | Shows at 4PM & 9PM, All Ages, Pinball, Full Bar
- March 5: Portland Trail Blazers vs Memphis Grizzlies at 5PM | Watch in Portland + Food & Drink Specials
- March 5: Fresh Track at The Goodfoot | Free, Rock, Funk, Synth Driven Dance Music
- March 5: Grammy Winner Ladysmith Black Mambazo at the Aladdin Theater | South African A Cappella Group
Related Portland Events & Information:
- March: Our Portland March Events Calendar + Giveaways
- St Patrick’s: Portland St. Patrick’s Day Events: Parade, Parties, Festivals, Music, Food & Drink Specials & More!