As always, we have a large list of Portland Cinco de Mayo events including parties, festivals, dinners, shows, etc. In 2017, Cinco de Mayo takes place on Friday meaning events will happen all weekend long!
It is a common misconception that Cinco De Mayo is Mexico’s answer to our own independence day. In actuality, Cinco De Mayo is celebrated to commemorate the Mexican Army’s unlikely victory at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. Whatever your reason for celebrating, there is a lot to do in Portland all weekend in honor of Cinco De Mayo.
2017 Portland Cinco de Mayo Weekend Events
- All Weekend: Discover Portland’s Hidden Mysteries w/ Urban Adventure Quest’s Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure!
- All Weekend: Experience Portland From the Water w/ Portland Electric Boat Company | Be Your Own Captain, Play Your Own Tunes, Host Your Own Boat Party – No Experience or License Needed
- May 4: Tezeta Band @ Goodfoot Pub & Lounge | Part Jazz, Part Soul, R&B, Ethiopian Dance (Win Tickets)
- May 4-6: Imago Theatre Presents Medea | Ancient Greek Tragedy Staged on the No Exit Set, The Myth of Jason and Medea
- May 4-6: Embrace Festival @ Portland Art Museum | Presentations by 30+ Leaders, Teachers, Authors, Theologians, Activists & More!
- May 5: Free Admission Days @ Portland Children’s Museum | 4-8 p.m., Every First Friday
- May 5: The Midnight Serenaders, The Rhythm Future Quartet @ The Secret Society | Jazz, Dance (Win Tickets, $30)
- May 5: Cinco de Mayo w/ DJ Tigerstripes @ Quarterworld | Beer, Video Games
- May 5: Son Volt @ Aladdin Theater | Americana, Rock
- May 5: Point Break LIVE! @ Crystal Ballroom | Parody of 90s EXTREME Action Blockbuster, YOU’RE Johnny Utah! (Win Tickets, $50)
- May 5: Cinco de Mayo Party @ EastBurn | Live Band Karaoke & Dance Party w/ Hans & The Wanted!
- May 5: Portland Story Theater Presents Urban Tellers @ Fremont Theater | Featuring Real & True Stories, 6 Tellers, Live Music (Win Tickets, $36)
- May 5-6: Heather McDonald @ Helium Comedy Club | “Chelsea Lately,” “White Chicks,” Impersonator
- May 5-7: Dueling Pianos w/ Liz Fohl @ Barrel Room Portland | Friday & Saturday are FREE, One of the Best Touring Players on the Circuit
- May 5-7: Cinco de Mayo Festival @ Tom McCall Waterfront Park | Boxing, Music, Tequila, Beer, Carnival, Vendors
- May 6: Watch Kentucky Derby @ EastBurn | Food Specials, Fancy Hats, Mint Juleps, Kentucky Mules, Happy Hour
- May 6: Portland Storytellers’ Guild Presents Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda @ Hipbone Studio | Featuring Stories of Experiences You Wish You Could Do-over (Win Tickets, $20)
- May 6: Walk / Run For the Animals @ Esther Short Park | Dog-friendly Chip Timed 5K, Beer Garden, Benefit for Humane Society, 40+ Vendors (Win Tickets, $90)
- May 6: Kentucky Derby Party @ North 45 | Music w/ Brass Roots Movement, Big Hats, Bourbon Mint Julep Slushies, Sundresses, Seersuckers & More!
- May 6: Magic Beans and Steve Swatkins @ Goodfoot Pub & Lounge | Space Funk / Groove Grass / Ameritronica (Win Tickets, $20)
- May 7: PDX Urban Wine Experience @ Seven Bridges Winery | Featuring 16 Member Wineries, Wine, Food, Samples (Win VIP Tickets, $100)
- May 7: Cinco de Mayo Half Marathon, 10K & 5K Run! | New Faster & Flatter Routes, Food, Beer, Mariachi Music & More!
Related Events & Information:
- Events: Our May Events Calendar & Ticket Giveaways
- From Drink Spirits: Top 5 Tequila and Mezcal for Cinco de Mayo
- Mother’s Day: Portland Mother’s Day Weekend Events
- May 25-29: Memorial Day Weekend Events
- Seattle: Seattle Pipeline’s Cinco de Mayo Events Calendar
- San Francisco: San Francisco’s Cinco de Mayo Events Calendar
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here