As always, we have a large list of Portland Cinco de Mayo events including parties, festivals, dinners, shows, etc. In 2019, Cinco de Mayo takes place on Sunday meaning events will happen all weekend long!
It is a common misconception that Cinco De Mayo is Mexico’s answer to our own independence day. In actuality, Cinco De Mayo is celebrated to commemorate the Mexican Army’s unlikely victory at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. Whatever your reason for celebrating, there is a lot to do in Portland all weekend in honor of Cinco De Mayo.
2019 Portland Cinco de Mayo Weekend Events
- All Weekend: Discover Portland’s Hidden Mysteries w/ Urban Adventure Quest’s Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure!
- May 3-5: Portland Cinco de Mayo Festival @ Tom McCall Waterfront Park | Live Music, Mariachi, Food, Drinks, Carnival, Boxing, Exotic Animal Exhibit (more info)
- May 5: Weekend Tea at @Pix Patisserie | 2 & 3PM, Formal & Fun, All Inclusive Menu, Sweet & Savory Snacks
- May 5: Tesla Coil Day at @ Quarterworld Arcade! | Shows at 4PM & 9PM, All Ages, Pinball, Full Bar
- May 5: Sunday Brunch Cruise w/ @ Portland Spirit | 12-2PM, Beautiful Downtown Sights, Locally Sourced Seasonal Meal, Live Entertainment
Related Events & Information:
- Events: Our May Events Calendar & Ticket Giveaways
- From Drink Spirits: Top 5 Tequila and Mezcal for Cinco de Mayo
- Mother’s Day: Portland Mother’s Day Weekend Events
- May 24-27: Memorial Day Weekend Events