Related: Our Portland Events Calendar
28th Annual Hood River Valley Harvest Fest Offers Something for Everyone
At the annual Hood River Valley Harvest Fest on October 15-17, visitors can taste fresh, local produce, get a jump start on their holiday shopping, and fully experience an authentic autumn festival that has become a yearly tradition for visitors and locals alike. This annual outdoor festival is held on the Hood River waterfront overlooking the beautiful Columbia River, where visitors can relax and watch windsurfers and kite boarders play on the water.
The event's festivities include:
- Freshly harvested fruits and vegetables from the world-class orchards and farms of the Hood River Valley
- Over 100 artists from around the region displaying unique, handcrafted merchandise just in time for the holiday season
- A kids' zone for all sorts of family fun—including a bounce house, face painters, kids' bands, balloon twisters, and a gathering place for families
- A food court with local and traditional favorites
- Wine tastings from award-winning Columbia Gorge wineries
- Music throughout the weekend and live entertainment in the evenings
- Fresh, homemade pies including apple, cherry, strawberry/rhubarb, and huckleberry
The event runs Friday October 15-Sunday October 17. Hours are Friday 1-9pm, Saturday 10am-9pm, and Sunday 10am-5pm. The 2010 Harvest Fest is supported by presenting sponsor Pacific Power, and additional sponsors include Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital and Bob Stone Freeway AutoCenter.