Independence Day At Fort Vancouver 2015
July 4, 2015
Gates open at 8 a.m. | Entertainment starts at Noon
Fireworks launch at 10:05 p.m.
More info: 4th.fortvan.org/
Tickets: $5 in advance; $7 at the gate; Kids ages 12 and under FREE!
1501 E Evergreen Blvd Vancouver, WA 98661
Pictures: 2,000+ pictures from Fort Vancouver July 4th event on Flickr here.
Independence Day at Fort Vancouver presented by Bank of America has something fun for everyone! Spend the day kicking back on the lush lawns of the Fort Vancouver National Site, party down with friends in the Adult Beverage Pavilion or grab the kids and enjoy traditional family fun games and entertainment all day!
Celebrating over 50 years of providing our community with an exceptional fireworks display – and the best is yet to come! Using state of the art fireworks synchronized to music, the 2015 display will once again be launched from Pearson Field, providing attendees an amazing and exciting fireworks show.
Prime Viewing ticket holders can enjoy all the activities the site has to offer throughout the day and then retreat to the exclusive Prime Viewing area, where they will be treated to a tasty 4th of July picnic dinner, an exclusive entertainment stage and front row seats to the spectacular fireworks show!
Please note: Prime Viewing attendees must bring their own chairs! $50 adults 21 and over
$25 under 21
Independence Day is a non-profit event produced for our community by the Fort Vancouver National Trust with financial and in-kind support from a variety of sponsors.
Family Fun For All Ages In FIVE ENTERTAINMENT ZONES!
Don’t miss the Kids’ Patriotic Parade presented by Fred Meyer starting at 4 p.m. and progressing along the Park Access Road! Get the kids there early so that they can decorate themselves in red, white and blue! See performance schedule at 4th.fortvan.org.
Family Entertainment Area: Parade Ground Bandstand
Open from noon – 8 p.m. This area features music, hands-on activities, traditional kids’ games: three-legged races, egg tosses, water balloon fights and more!
Other Activities Throughout The Site Include:
- Guided walking tours: Officers Row & Vancouver Barracks
- Kids’ Patriotic Parade presented by Fred Meyer at 4 p.m.
- $3 admission to reconstructed Fort Vancouver (free for age 15 and under)
- Food vendors or bring your own picnic
- Arts & crafts and commercial vendors
- Costumed interpreters bring history to life
- Hands-on-History Tent to see and learn heritage handwork skills
- Teen activities
- Fireworks Prime Viewing Area
Related Portland Events & Info
- Cruise: Columbia Gorge Sternwheeler Dining and Sightseeing Cruises w/ Portland Spirit | Vista Views, Champagne, Local Cuisine & More! (All Weekend)
- Museum: OMSI Presents the Science Behind Ripley’s Believe it or Not | Interactive Exhibit, Optical Illusions, Unbelievable Objects (All Weekend)
- Beer &Cider: Beer & Cider Garden @ Pix Patisserie’s Outdoor Courtyard | Summer Movies, 6 Taps, Petanque Court (Friday & Saturday)
- Festival: Estacada Timber Festival | Concert w/ Grammy Nominated Calico, Brass Tacks, Fireworks, Competitions, Beer Garden & More! (July 3-4)
- Beer: Portland Craft Beer Festival @ The Fields Park | Featuring 90+ Beers Brewed in the City by 47 Breweries (July 3-5)
FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff!
Our new Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here