Washington Park Summer Festival
More info: portlandoregon.gov
The Washington Park Summer Festival is always a highlight of summer in Portland, featuring amazing performances among the roses that are free to attend. Join us for four magical nights of rich cultural music, dance, and hands-on art activities that make the festival such a vibrant celebration of community.
Performances begin at 6:00PM in the Washington Park Rose Garden Amphitheater
Parking is very limited. Guest are encouraged to ride TriMet MAX Red or Blue lines to the Washington Park MAX Station, and then catch bus line 63 to SW Rose Garden Blvd & Sherwood, or the FREE Washington Park Shuttle — which operates until 7:00PM.
|Norman Sylvester Review Band & Friends
Come and celebrate 100 years of good times and community in Portland! Enjoy the multicultural sounds of American Music from the Norman Sylvester Review Band featuring Portland’s own “Boogie Cat” Norman Sylvester with special guests Lenanne Miller, Sarah Billings, Richard Arnold, Chata Addy, LaRhonda Steele and Jay “Bird” Koder.
|Portland SummerFest presents: Opera in the Park
ll Trovatore by Giuseppe Verdi
Starring Soprano Angela Meade, Mezzo MaryAnn McCormick, Tenor Cameron Schutza, and Baritone Richard Zeller with Orchestra and Chorus under the baton of Maestro Keith Clark.
|La Peña Flamenca presents: ¡Fiesta Flamenca!
Join us for the flamenco party of the summer with performances by 3Shine Flamenco, Elena Villa & Students, Espacio Flamenco, Portland Flamenco Events, and special guests!
Powerful drumming, exhilarating movement, and tranquil melodies. Portland Taiko presents its unique blend of Japanese traditions, Asian American compositions, and new collaborations with guest musicians and dancers.
|Special thanks to NW Natural|
All Summer Free For All events are FREE!
- If you need a sign language interpreter or FM loop amplifier, please contact 503-823-4333, or 711 (TRS) at least ten (10) business days in advance of the performance. Information about PP&R programs and services is available online for those needing a voice synthesis – PortlandParks.org.
- Alcoholic beverages for personal consumption are permitted only during Concerts in the Park events.
- All dogs must be on a leash.
- All parks and natural areas are smoke and tobacco free zones.
- Avoid parking hassles by riding TriMet to the park!
- No balls or flying objects are permitted in the amphitheater bowl on concerts days.
Related Events & Info
- Wednesdays: 2016 Portland Caravan Campfires- Songs & S’mores @ The Tiny House Hotel | 7-10 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Portland 2016 Outdoor Summer Movies @ Pix Patisserie’s Courtyard Beer Garden | Beer & Cider, Free Popcorn, All Summer
Our new Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here