From our sponsors:
Safeway Albertsons Waterfront Blues Fest
Benefiting Oregon Food Bank
July 1-4, 2016
More info: waterfrontbluesfest.com
Tom McCall Waterfront Park
SW Naito Pkwy Portland, OR 97204
Passes are on sale to the public for the 29th annual Safeway Albertsons Waterfront Blues Festival, presented by First Tech Federal Credit Union, on July 1 – 4, 2016, held at Tom McCall Waterfront Park.
Tedeschi-Trucks Band | JJ Grey & Mofro | Maceo Parker | ZZ Ward | Curtis Salgado Band | Soul Rebels Brass Band | Femi Kuti | Chubby Carrier & the Bayou Swamp Band
Additional highlights include:
California Honeydrops | Indigenous | The Record Company | Steve Riley & the Mamou Playboys | Liz Vice | Christone “Kingfish” Ingram | Leo Bud Welch | Polyrhythmics | Los Straitjackets | Grace Love & the True Loves & More!
“We have a fabulous lineup this year, presenting the younger, cutting edge of the ‘blues’ genre as well as pioneering legacy acts,” said Artistic Director Peter Dammann. “Performers from Africa and Brazil as well as Mississippi, Texas, Chicago and the Pacific Northwest.”
“But this festival is about so much more than the headliners,” continued Dammann. “It’s the spectacular riverfront setting, the righteous cause, the low cost and affordability, the fireworks; the after-hours shows, Blues cruises on the Willamette, workshops and Zydeco dance lessons—all of which makes Waterfront Blues Fest the entertainment deal of the summer. We’ll continue to add performances to round out our four-day festival, ensuring another wonderful event experience for music fans of all ages.”
These performances will be a part of the 120 blues acts on four stages over the July 4th weekend to benefit Oregon Food Bank’s mission of fighting hunger and its root causes. Four-day passes are now available for purchase.
“Proceeds from the festival benefit Oregon Food Bank, which has not seen a dip in the demand for food assistance in five years,” said Susannah Morgan, CEO at Oregon Food Bank. “Come join us over the July 4 weekend. Enjoy the fantastic music and help support 1 out of 5 people in our community who don’t get enough to eat.”
The following four-day passes are offered this year:
- Basic 4-Day Pass ($35 early bird / $40 regular) — 4-day pass, priority re-entry.
- Blues Buddy Pass ($70 early bird / $85 regular) — 4-day pass, early entry, priority re-entry, commemorative Blues Buddy button and access to After-Hours Concerts at the Marriott.
- Benefactor Pass ($300) — Four-day EARLY entry & priority re-entry, access to Brewery Stage shaded seating, access to central stage shaded seating, admission to After-Hours concerts, omelette and mimosa Sunday brunch, four meal and drink vendor coupons, festival T-shirt and poster, parking pass & more! SOLD OUT LAST FEW YEARS!
- Patron Pass ($1,250) — Four-day EARLY entry & priority re-entry, priority access to on-stage seating at Brewery Stage and First Tech Stage, access to central stage shaded seating, access to VIP Hospitality Pavilion with catered buffets and VIP restrooms, invitation to Patron-only function, invitation to July 4th BBQ with river’s edge viewing of fireworks, admission to After-Hours concerts, parking pass and many other VIP perks. SOLD OUT LAST FEW YEARS!
- Also on sale are tickets for DME Blues Cruises for $29 (day cruises) and $39 (evening cruises), as well as $15 tickets for After-Hours Concerts on Saturday, July 2 and Sunday, July 3 at the Marriott Grand Ballroom.
About Waterfront Blues Fest:
Since 1988, Oregon Food Bank has produced the Waterfront Blues Fest to raise funds and awareness to fight hunger in Oregon and Clark County, Washington. As Oregon Food Bank’s largest annual fundraising event, this Portland flagship festival has become a treasured tradition for locals and visitors alike; it is the largest blues festival west of the Mississippi and the second-largest blues festival in the nation. Since its inception, the festival has raised close to $10 million and over 1,000 tons of food to fight hunger in the region.