From press release:
Downtown Portland Outdoor Summer Concerts Noon Time Showcase
More info: portland5.com
Location: SW Main Street at SW Broadway next to Antoinette Hatfield Hall
The Portland’5 Centers for the Arts and Portland’5 Volunteers are proud to present Summer Arts on Main and the Noontime Showcase. The Noontime Showcase performances are FREE all-ages performances at Portland’5 Centers for the Arts. Performances take place 12:00 – 1:00 PM outdoors on SW Main Street at SW Broadway next to Antoinette Hatfield Hall.
- July 6 JT Wise Band – Rock’n’ good time music
- July 13 Unit Souzou taiko – Taiko company
- July 20 Pendulum Aerial Arts – Aerial artistry
- July 27 John Dover trumpet – Classical & Jazz trumpet
- Aug. 3 Marty Mendenhall – Jazz vocals
- Aug. 10 Bourbon Jockey – Old-school Country and Blues
- Aug. 17 Smut City Jelly Roll – Cabaret band with 1920s/30s Jazz and Yiddish theatre
- Aug. 24 Beat Goes On Marching Band – Marching band
- Aug 31 The 56th Army Band – America’s Corps Band performing Jazz
- Sept. 7 Beacock Swing – Big Band Music from the 20’s through the 50’s
*Performers subject to change
*In case of rain or extreme heat, Noontime showcase concerts will be held in the rotunda lobby of Antoinette Hatfield Hall, located next to Main Street at 1111 SW Broadway.
Summer Arts on Main
Every summer, the streets of downtown Portland become a popular destination for locals, including downtown-area workers, tourists and residents. One of those reasons is the free Summer Arts on Mainseries produced by Portland’5 Centers for the Arts.
The series, presented every Wednesday from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. during the months of July 6 –September 7, includes music performances, children’s activities and outdoor booths featuring local artisans selling handmade crafts. Begun in 2004 the event has evolved into a rite of summer for downtown Portlanders, offering a wide range of family-friendly activities along Main Street between SW Broadway & Park Avenue. Adjacent to the Portland Farmers Market on the South Park Blocks and the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, Summer Arts on Main Street has helped transform this swathe of downtown into one of the most visible, heavily trafficked areas of the city.
Hundreds of people attend the outdoor event for either all or some of the offerings during its four hour duration. Over the years, these performances have included rock, jazz, marimba, and country acts. Most, if not all, of the performers are local musicians.
The children’s art activities and booths selling handmade crafts are also well attended as visitor’s stream into the area freely, participating in the activities or perusing the booths.
Related Events & Info
- Wednesdays: 2016 Portland Caravan Campfires- Songs & S’mores @ The Tiny House Hotel | 7-10 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Portland 2016 Outdoor Summer Movies @ Pix Patisserie’s Courtyard Beer Garden | Beer & Cider, Free Popcorn, All Summer
Our new Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here