FREE STUFF: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top events in Portland. Join our email list if you like free stuff
Pearl District North Park Blocks.
Entrance at NW Davis & NW Park Ave
(1 block west of NW Broadway, 2 blocks north of W Burnside)
More info: http://www.portland-beerfest.com/
Tickets: $30 AT THE GATE | $25 ONLINE/ADVANCE (BUY HERE)
PIB is a high end 3-day beer festival specializing in rare, hard-to-find, exotic beers. Over 150 world-class beers from 16 countries will be on hand, hailing from all over the planet, many from right here in the Pacific NW. Stroll around the beautiful park with a cold one as you listen to music play all weekend.
Yeah we’ve been called that. Fair enough. July ain’t just for “lawnmower” beers. Sure we’ll have a few, but it’s winter somewhere right? PIB will roll out a downright gaudy selection of top rated Barley Wines, Imperial Stouts, Double IPA’s, Barrel Aged Strong Ales, funky Farmhouse Saisons, and Sour Ales.
Yup. Did we mention top rated? Some are among the most highly rated for their style IN THE WORLD. Every single beer at PIB is hand picked. You may not like them all, but a few will become your new BFF.
Not. Mainstream isn’t something we’re very good at. But if you’re ready to live a little are try something new and amazing, perhaps even really exotic (yet delicious), we’re your guys.
That’s what you should be. The main point of PIB is to try things you’ve never had before. Come find out why our motto is “TASTE THE GREATEST BEERS YOU’VE NEVER HEARD OF”
Portland International Beer Festival FAQ
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO GET IN?
$30 AT THE GATE
$25 ONLINE/ADVANCE (BUY HERE)
– Faster entry line for advance purchasers
– Good for 10 beer tickets and official PIB glass.
– Additional tickets are just $1 each. Each serving is 4oz.
– Beers cost 1 to 7 tickets, depending on how much it costs us.
– Prices are NOT based on rarity.
– We offer FULL PINTS for 3 tickets ($3) in the GRANDE BEER GARDEN.
– There are a lot of 1-ticket beers, so don‘t worry if you‘re on a budget.
– Tickets are non-refundable.
ANY SPECIAL DEALS?
YES! – THE VIP EXPRESS PASS
$40 ADVANCE PURCHASE ONLY (BUY HERE)
– Good for 30 beer tickets (better value) and official PIB glass.
– Very limited number available
– No waiting in line to get in. Walk right up & flash your pass! You’re in!
– EARLY ENTRY starting at 3:30pm Fri, 11:30am Sat & Sun. The main beer lines don’t open until 4pm Fri (12pm Sat & Sun) but the GRANDE BEER GARDEN with $3 PINTS will be flowing for you. Grab a cheap pint and hang out behind the scenes before we open! Then you can be waiting right in front of the beer tables you want most when we open.
WHAT’S THE DEAL WITH THE GRANDE BEER GARDEN?
– Full pints are only $3 (3 beer tickets) and you can take them anywhere in the park.
– The GBG is designed for people who appreciate a great value
– If you want to just come hang out, enjoy a frosty cold pint and people watch, this is for you.
– Pilsner Urquell (Czech Republic) is the featured beer this year.
WHY DO SOME BEERS COST MORE THAN OTHERS?
Part of what makes PIB special is the incredible range of beers we offer, both draft and bottle. The number of tickets a beer costs is based on how much the event paid for that particular beer. Some of them are among the most expensive beers in the world. Others are medium priced craft beers from breweries in the area. And then there’s everything in between.This system alone makes our event a true rarity and enables the consumer to try $40 per bottle beers for just a couple of bucks
CAN I COME BACK THE NEXT DAY IF I HAVE EXTRA BEER TOKENS?
– Yes, by all means.
– You must have your glass AND wristband from the previous day. NO EXCEPTIONS!
– Beer tickets are good for all 3 days.
WHAT IDENTIFICATION DO YOU ACCEPT?
– First, ID is required for everyone regardless of age. Acceptable forms are:
1) a driver’s license with a photo from any state
2) a current passport
3) a DMV Identification card
4) a military card.
– The state identification card and/or the military card must bear a picture of the person, the person’s name, address, date of birth, a physical description and the signature of the person
CAN I BRING MY CHILD?
No, but you can bring your dog! PIB IS PET FRIENDLY
WHEN DO TAPS SHUT DOWN?
– No beer will be served after 9:40pm on Fri/Sat, 6:50pm on Sun
– LAST CALL is 9:20pm Fri/Sat, 6:20pm Sun
– The event closes at 10pm Fri/Sat, and 7pm on Sun
Park Lane Suites is an all-suites hotel that sits just above downtown, about 13 city blocks from PIB.
It’s a 10 minute walk to the event from the hotel. Call or write & mention PIB for this special rate.
DO YOU TAKE CREDIT CARDS?
Our event is cash only unless you purchase online in advance. There are ATM machines on site.
ANY PUBLIC TRANSPO?
You bet. Take the bus or ride Max.
WERE CAN I FIND PARKING?
The closest Smart Park location is O’Bryant Square