As always, we have a large list of Portland Cinco de Mayo events including parties, festivals, dinners, shows, etc.
It is a common misconception that Cinco De Mayo is Mexico’s answer to our own independence day. In actuality, Cinco De Mayo is celebrated to commemorate the Mexican Army’s unlikely victory at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. Whatever your reason for celebrating, there is a lot to do in Portland and all weekend in honor of Cinco De Mayo.
WIN PORTLAND TICKETS: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top events in Portland. Join our email list if you like free stuff
If you want your Portland Cinco de Mayo event(s) here, you can email us a proper press release (what, when where, how much) to pdxpipeline @ gmail dot com. Please send it in a text or Word doc instead of PDF. We can’t guarantee any listing.
Be Safe: To make sure you and your car get home this year, Ride On Portland will be operating from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m. on Cinco de Mayo weekend. Call 503-235-RIDE for a safe ride home.
2012 Portland Cinco de Mayo Events
- May 4-6: Cinco de Mayo Festival @ Waterfront Park | Live Music, Luchadores, Mariachi Mass, Guinness Record, & More
- May 4 & 5: Cinco de Mayo w/ Mortified @ Mission Theater | Real Teen Angst, Diaries, Love Letters (Win Tickets, $30)
- May 5: Weenie Dog Kentucky Derby Classic & Cinco de Mayo Festival @ Gypsy | FREE, All Ages, Dog Race, Drink Specials, & More
- May 5: SE Portland Cinco de Mayo Party & Kentucky Derby @ Blitz Ladd | No Cover, Drink Discounts, Open Jukebox
- May 5: Cinco de Mayo @ Blitz Locations | Tequila Specials, Margaritas, Cuervo Girls (More Info/Website)
- May 5: Portland Cinco de Mayo Specials & Watch Kentucky Derby @ East Burn
- May 6: Portland Cinco de Mayo Run: Beer, Food, Live Mariachi Music | Benefit For Candlelighters For Children With Cancer