- This event has passed.
US Classic Guitar presents Portland International Guitar Series @ Downtown Eliot Center | 11 Concerts, 7 Master Classes, Featuring Some of the Greatest Guitarists in the World
From Our Sponsors
US Classic Guitar presents Portland International Guitar Series
U.S. Classic Guitar President, William Jenks, is thrilled to announce the upcoming 2018-2019 Portland International Guitar Series, XIV. Because of your support, this iconic Portland guitar dynasty will continue for many years to come and the upcoming season promises to be one of the best to date.
This season will feature 11 concerts and 7 master classes of some of the greatest guitarists in the world including living legends Pepe Romero of Spain on February 22 and Carlos Barbosa Lima of Brasil on March 8 . The series will also feature international stars such as Ana Vidovic, Judicael Perroy, Benjamin Verdery, Eduardo Fernandez, and David Leisner . In addition to these seasoned masters, there will be rising stars such as Mak Grgic, Andrea Gonzales Caballero, and the Beijing Guitar Duo . The series will also diversify with the opening concert on November 30 featuring the critically acclaimed Patterson/Sutton Duo of cello and guitar and the Real Duo on May 18 featuring mandolin and guitar. The May 18 concert will also feature Spanish guitarist Carles Pons Altes, and U.S. Classic Guitar President William Jenks from Portland.
The new venue will be the historic Eliot Center located in the cultural rich center of downtown Portland. This charming facility takes up an entire city block and features multiple spaces perfect for the series such as the intimate Eliot Chapel (featuring outstanding acoustics and room for up to 250 people), the elegant Main Street Sanctuary (seats 700 and has been recently renovated with upgraded sound and seating) and the charming Channing and Fireside rooms which are perfect for master classes. The facility also features excellent reception space such as the Buchan Hall/Atrium area which is where the opening pre-concert reception will be held from 7:00 – 8:00 PM on November 30. The opening concert reception is free and included in the ticket price.
Season Tickets are the best deal if you can make most of the events this year because they give you all of the following benefits:
- Best seating in the hall from the front of the stage back for the following 11 Concerts of the 2018-2019 Portland International Guitar Series XIV.
- First entrance into the hall at 7:30 PM before the general public to select seats.
- Includes an audit to all 7 Master Classes . (Season ticket holders who are guitarists wishing to perform in the master classes will be given top priority and a discount to perform in the class.)
- Tickets can be transferred for each concert or master class from one person to another online using this new Evey Event Management App.
- Exclusive invitation to the V.I.P. Channing room for drinks and refreshments before the concert and during intermission for all concerts held in the Eliot Chapel (except the first concert on November 30 where the pre-concert reception will be held in the larger Buchan Hall/Atrium area open to everyone attending the concert).
- Exclusive invitations through email to all Artist Receptions following the concerts. These will be informal no-host receptions at a local restaurant within walking distance from the venue. Only sponsors and season ticket holders will be invited.
- Purchase additional tickets at a discount and your guests can sit with you in the season ticket area.
More Upcoming Portland Events
From Our Sponsors
Portland Wednesday Food & Drink Specials including daily specials, happy hours, & late night specials.
Note: Menus are subject to change. Please contact venue in order to verify.
Bare Bones Bar & Cafe | (2900 SE Belmont St) | Happy Hour 4-7 PM
- Drinks: Whiskey Wednesdays – $1 Off All Whiskey, $3 Well Drinks | $2 Pabst & Ranier Tall Boys | $2 Session, Mickey’s, Miller LT | $1 Off All Other Beers
- Food: Grilled Cheese, Chili Dogs, Hummus Plate, Tuna Salad, & more (Happy Hour Menu)
Goodfoot Lounge | (2845 SE Stark St.) | Happy Hour 5-8PM
- Drinks: $2 Pabst Blue Ribbon | $1 Off Infused Cocktails | (Drink Menu)
- Food: Cheese Burger, Cheese Dog, Kimchi Plate, Koritos & Salsa (Food Menu)
- Drinks: $5 Tinto & Txakoli | 10% Off All Wine Bottles
- Food: 1 free tapas with purchase of adult beverage
- Drinks: $1 Off Draft (Happy Hour Menu)
- Food: $3 Soft Pretzel / Fries with Cheese / All Salads, $5 Chicken Strips; Half off Pizza Slices (late) (Full Menu)
The EastBurn (1800 E Burnside St.) | Happy Hour 3-5PM
- Drinks: Whiskey Wednesday – $2 off all premium whiskeys, Happy hour Drinks Available (Menu)
- Food: $1 Off Salad & Entrees (Menu)
- Late Night: Late Night Food & Drink Menu starts at 10pm (Menu)
North Bar (5008 SE Division St.) | Happy Hour 3-6PM
- Drinks: $8 Margarita, Patron Select Barrel Aged Reposado $6
- Food: Vegan Chilli, Greek Salad, Flatbreads & More (Happy Hour Menu)
Discover Portland’s Hidden Mysteries w/ Urban Adventure Quest’s Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure! | Discount / Promo Code
From Our Sponsors
Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure
Hours of Operation – Play anytime, Sunrise to Sunset
$39.20 for a team of 2-5 people w/ code PDXPIPELINE at urbanadventurequest.com
Looking for a way to turn Portland into a giant game board? Give the gift of adventure with a city-wide scavenger hunt!
Urban Adventure Quest has created an interactive scavenger hunt that combines the fun of the Amazing Race with a three-hour sightseeing tour of Portland. Guided from any smart phone, groups make their way among well-known and overlooked gems of the city, solving clues and completing challenges while learning local history. (more…)
NW Natural Street of Dreams | Featuring the Latest in Building Tech, Design & Sustainability at Wilsonville’s Stafford Meadows
From Our Sponsors
2019 Street of Dreams
More info: streetofdreamspdx.com
The NW Natural Street of Dreams at Stafford Meadows returns to Wilsonville. The annual luxury home event produced by the Home Builders of Metro Portland offers a unique opportunity to be inspired – whether planning a new kitchen, bathroom or building a new house. This year’s show will feature homes showcasing the latest in design trends, technology, energy-efficient building practices and more. The event takes places from Saturday, July 27 to Sunday, August 25, 2019. (more…)
From Our Sponsors
The Kenton Farmers Market is located in the heart of the historic Kenton neighborhood in North Portland. Founded in 2012, the market’s live music and the festive street-fair atmosphere thrive among this growing business district. Proximity to a MAX station and easy access for bicyclists and those on foot make this market a lively and convenient mid-week destination for fresh, local food. (more…)
Portland’5 Centers for the Arts and the ArtBar & Bistro are proud to present the 14th annual Music on Main outdoor summer concert series in downtown Portland July 10–August 28, 2019. The free concerts are held in downtown Portland on Main Street, between Southwest Broadway & Park Avenue, next to Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall. (more…)