- This event has passed.
US Classic Guitar presents Portland International Guitar Series @ Downtown Eliot Center | 11 Concerts, 7 Master Classes, Featuring Some of the Greatest Guitarists in the World
From Our Sponsors
US Classic Guitar presents Portland International Guitar Series
U.S. Classic Guitar President, William Jenks, is thrilled to announce the upcoming 2018-2019 Portland International Guitar Series, XIV. Because of your support, this iconic Portland guitar dynasty will continue for many years to come and the upcoming season promises to be one of the best to date.
This season will feature 11 concerts and 7 master classes of some of the greatest guitarists in the world including living legends Pepe Romero of Spain on February 22 and Carlos Barbosa Lima of Brasil on March 8 . The series will also feature international stars such as Ana Vidovic, Judicael Perroy, Benjamin Verdery, Eduardo Fernandez, and David Leisner . In addition to these seasoned masters, there will be rising stars such as Mak Grgic, Andrea Gonzales Caballero, and the Beijing Guitar Duo . The series will also diversify with the opening concert on November 30 featuring the critically acclaimed Patterson/Sutton Duo of cello and guitar and the Real Duo on May 18 featuring mandolin and guitar. The May 18 concert will also feature Spanish guitarist Carles Pons Altes, and U.S. Classic Guitar President William Jenks from Portland.
The new venue will be the historic Eliot Center located in the cultural rich center of downtown Portland. This charming facility takes up an entire city block and features multiple spaces perfect for the series such as the intimate Eliot Chapel (featuring outstanding acoustics and room for up to 250 people), the elegant Main Street Sanctuary (seats 700 and has been recently renovated with upgraded sound and seating) and the charming Channing and Fireside rooms which are perfect for master classes. The facility also features excellent reception space such as the Buchan Hall/Atrium area which is where the opening pre-concert reception will be held from 7:00 – 8:00 PM on November 30. The opening concert reception is free and included in the ticket price.
Season Tickets are the best deal if you can make most of the events this year because they give you all of the following benefits:
- Best seating in the hall from the front of the stage back for the following 11 Concerts of the 2018-2019 Portland International Guitar Series XIV.
- First entrance into the hall at 7:30 PM before the general public to select seats.
- Includes an audit to all 7 Master Classes . (Season ticket holders who are guitarists wishing to perform in the master classes will be given top priority and a discount to perform in the class.)
- Tickets can be transferred for each concert or master class from one person to another online using this new Evey Event Management App.
- Exclusive invitation to the V.I.P. Channing room for drinks and refreshments before the concert and during intermission for all concerts held in the Eliot Chapel (except the first concert on November 30 where the pre-concert reception will be held in the larger Buchan Hall/Atrium area open to everyone attending the concert).
- Exclusive invitations through email to all Artist Receptions following the concerts. These will be informal no-host receptions at a local restaurant within walking distance from the venue. Only sponsors and season ticket holders will be invited.
- Purchase additional tickets at a discount and your guests can sit with you in the season ticket area.
More Upcoming Portland Events
2019 Wild Hare Country Festival @ Pat’s Acres Racing Complex in Canby | Cody Johnson, Whitey Morgan, Jason Boland and The Stragglers, Micky and The Motorcars
From Our Sponsors
Wild Hare Country Festival
More info: wildharecountryfest.com
Wild Hare Country Festival brings to the NW festival scene national & local acts representing the rising Red Dirt, Outlaw, and Texas country music sound, currently the fastest-growing part of the country landscape. (more…)
2019 Portland Queer Comedy Festival | 5 Stages, 40 Comics, Featuring Scott Thompson, Nico Santos, Sandra Valls & More!
From Our Sponsors
2019 Portland Queer Comedy Festival
More info: portlandqueercomedyfestival.com
Now in our third year, Portland Queer Comedy Festival is a first of its kind, multi-day, multi-venue queer-performer focused comedy festival. Portland Queer Comedy Festival is a collaboration between Andy Barrett, owner of Funhouse Lounge and Belinda Carroll; a long-time queer activist, writer, actress and stand-up comedian.
Featuring 5 stages and over 40 comics, Portland Queer Comedy Festival aims to bring the best and brightest talent in international LGBTQ stand-up comedy to a beautiful, diverse and inclusive Portland, Oregon; while giving back to the local community that supports us through non-profit initiatives. The venues are conveniently located to one another creating a fun pub-crawl atmosphere! (more…)
2019 Hood River County Fruit Loop Cherry Celebration | 35 Miles of Fresh Picked Cherries, Wines, Pies, Cider, Treats, Picnic & More!
From Our Sponsors
Hood River Cherry Celebration
More info: hoodriverfruitloop.com
July 1-31 @ Packer Orchards & Farm Place
(3020 Thomsen Rd, Hood River, OR 97031)
Cherry Days: CHERRY SEASON at its sweetest. Fresh cherries straight from the orchard, or pick them yourself! Cherry jam, pies, cookies, and more from the bakery. Don’t miss our famous smoked cherry BBQ sauce, we only make this once a year! Check our website, PackerOrchards.com, for cherry u-pick information and more Cherry Days happenings!
July 1-31 @ Draper Girls Country Farm
6200 OR-35, Mt Hood, OR 97041
U-Pick Cherry Bonanza: Join us in July for some family fun, we have u-pick/we-pick cherries and fresh non-pasteurized cherry ciders. Our country market features varieties of picked cherries, fresh vegetables, dried legumes, berries, jams, honey, antiques and Grandma’s famous cinnamon-sugar dried apples. (541) 352-6625 / www.drapergirlsfarm.com.
July 1-31 @ Apple Valley Country Store
(2363 Tucker Rd, Hood River, OR 97031)
Celebrates Everything Cherry: All month long, join us for the ultimate cherry experience! Daily Finds: Cherry milkshakes, variety of fresh local cherries, hand-rolled cherry pies, cherry scones, muffins, hand pies, cherry jams, jellies, pie filling, syrups and more. Weekend specials: Specialty cherry desserts, cobblers and crisps. www.applevalleystore.com 541-386-1971
From Our Sponsors
Get ready for a 5-day weekend campout full of music, art, performance, and light presented by Tectonic with help from our local community! Tectonic SHIFT Festival is different than most music festivals. We believe in respect, community, artistic expression, and having fun. We are bringing you some of the top Portland and West Coast talents to make you groove, sing, and sweat all day and night long. Our daytime beach parties are a thing of legend, and the two nighttime stages bring you the best DJs and talented live acts our fans have come to expect from Tectonic.
In addition to music, we have assembled dozens of art projects to keep your brain and heart amused all weekend– all set in a gorgeous location looking out to Mt. Hood. Our community has assembled to bring you several camps to engage with and enjoy. And did we mention the beach? We have built a beach on a tranquil lake complete with a floating island and many other surprises.
Don’t miss out on everyone’s favorite event of the summer.
To learn more about SHIFT Festival and how to prepare yourself, visit our website at www.shiftfestival.com.
Portland Saturday Food & Drink Specials including daily specials, happy hours, & late night specials.
Note: Menus are subject to change. Please contact venue in order to verify.
Bare Bones Bar & Cafe | (2900 SE Belmont St) | Happy Hour 4-7 PM | Brunch 9a-3p
- Drinks: $3 Well Drinks | $2 Pabst & Ranier Tall Boys | $2 Session, Mickey’s, Miller LT | $1 Off All Other Beers
- Food: Grilled Cheese, Chili Dogs, Hummus Plate, Tuna Salad, & more (Happy Hour Menu)
Goodfoot Lounge | (2845 SE Stark St.) | Happy Hour 5-8PM
- Drinks: $2 Pabst Blue Ribbon | $1 Off Infused Cocktails | (Drink Menu)
- Food: Cheese Burger, Cheese Dog, Kimchi Plate, Koritos & Salsa (Food Menu)
- Drinks: $5 Tinto & Txakoli | 10% Off All Wine Bottles
- Food: 1 free tapas with purchase of adult beverage
- Drinks: $1 Off Draft (Happy Hour Menu)
- Food: $3 Soft Pretzel / Fries with Cheese / All Salads, $5 Chicken Strips (Full Menu)
The EastBurn (1800 E Burnside St.) | Happy Hour 3-5PM
- Drinks: $2 off house old fashioneds, Happy hour Drinks Available (Menu)
- Food: $1 Off Salad & Entrees (Menu)
- Late Night: Late Night Food & Drink Menu starts at 10pm (Menu)
2019 The Stumptown Cluster – Portland Kennel Club Dog Show @ Portland Expo | Free, Dozens & Dozens of Breeds
From Our Sponsors
The Stumptown Cluster – Portland Kennel Club Dog Show
More info: expocenter.org
Get ready for a fantastic show! The Stumptown Cluster is coming up this July 20 to 22nd and expect to see dozens an dozens of breeds! The Portland Kennel Club invites you to watch their annual show right here at the Expo Center! Admission to the show is free (parking fees still apply). Come see the judging! (more…)