- This event has passed.
2019 Portland Last Thursday On Alberta Info: Street Closures, Parking, Vendors, Noise, Bathrooms, Etc
Last Thursdays on Alberta is an art walk in Portland, Ore., that stretches 15 blocks along Northeast Alberta Street. In 2019, its 22nd season, it will fill the street 6 to 9 p.m. the last Thursdays of June, July and August.
Last Thursdays is the most fun place to buy art in Portland. Come to support local artists as they share their wares along Alberta. You will discover jewelry, bags, paintings, sculptures, and wood work from up and coming artists at a reasonable price. The street is full with strolling people enjoying food, street performance, and people watching. Last Thursdays are iconic Portland events that you won’t want to miss!
The event is on NE Alberta Street, between NE 15th and 30th avenues. The Portland Bureau of Transportation invites all Portland families, artists, and neighbors to enjoy the vibrant street scene and support local businesses and artists.
This year, Last Thursdays on Alberta will celebrate its tradition as a fun, family-friendly showcase of grassroots art and music. Portland is a place where neighbors and friends meet in our streets to enjoy life outside. PBOT is committed to supporting a vibrant and livable city.
Last Thursdays on Alberta is a celebration of grass roots art, food, and culture. This year, there will be new features at the event in partnership with Alberta Art Works and Indigenous Come UP. These features will provide opportunities to make crafts, learn about using salvaged materials at home, and learn about our cultural history.
This year will have some special new features:
- Alberta Art Works will have special programming at four places in the festival, at NE 17th, 19th, 23rd, and 25th avenues. These four areas will feature voices from the neighborhood. In June, Last Thursdays proudly features local South Asian dancers the Gulabi Gang, the Unpresidented Brass Band, and a tiki bar bike. In July, the four areas will feature Kutatonon’s young African dancers, fire performers at the Big Red Bus, and the Revolution Choir. Look for colorful flags marking the performance areas.
- A Native American crafting circle will gather on the north side of the 21st and Alberta St. intersection. Stop by to make some crafts! Then, check out the Native American art that will be located in this area.
Last Thursdays on Alberta is part of PBOT’s Portland in the Streets effort that uses our largest public space – our streets – as a gathering place where neighbors come together, support local businesses and encourage creativity.
People who plan to visit NE Alberta Street this Thursday are encouraged to take public transit, bike, take BIKETOWN, or walk to the area. Attendees are reminded to be courteous to the surrounding neighborhood. Please park with consideration and limit the level of noise when returning home after the event.
Last Thursday Info and Tips:
- On Twitter? We will be using the @lastthursday account to relay information about the event as always.
- Street Closure: Alberta street is closed for Last Thursday at 6PM.
- Parking: Parked on Alberta Street? Cars need to get off the street by 5pm.
- Trimet: Bus reroutes are in effect from 6-11pm on Alberta. Catch the bus at stops on Killingsworth instead.
- Vendors: Make room across sidewalk for wheelchairs to have access to your goods, and wait til 6pm to set up in the street. Parking lanes ok after 5! Vendors may not set up in side street entrances so emergency vehicles can get in. Buskers only in these areas. Although we love non-profits we ask they give up their spots at Last Thursday for artists, crafters, musicians, and vendors of handmades.
- Noise & Boomboxes: Be respectful with that boombox! Sound during Last Thursday should not carry more than half a block. A noise ticket could cost you $500. The Noise Office and police will work to bring street musicians within compliance of the city’s noise code.
- Trash: Last Thursday is a leave no trace event. Pick up after yourself. Trash stations are located at every intersection
- Open Containers: No open containers at Last Thursday. Police will strictly enforce open-container drinking in the right of way, as well as marijuana use. Neither was enforced strictly in the past.
- Fire: Fire spinners need permits.
- Closing Time: The city will start opening Alberta at 9:00 p.m., be ready to go please.
- Friday: Neighborhood clean-up in effect on Alberta after Last Thursday
More Upcoming Portland Events
From Our Sponsors
Portland Wednesday Food & Drink Specials including daily specials, happy hours, & late night specials.
Note: Menus are subject to change. Please contact venue in order to verify.
Bare Bones Bar & Cafe | (2900 SE Belmont St) | Happy Hour 4-7 PM
- Drinks: Whiskey Wednesdays – $1 Off All Whiskey, $3 Well Drinks | $2 Pabst & Ranier Tall Boys | $2 Session, Mickey’s, Miller LT | $1 Off All Other Beers
- Food: Grilled Cheese, Chili Dogs, Hummus Plate, Tuna Salad, & more (Happy Hour Menu)
Goodfoot Lounge | (2845 SE Stark St.) | Happy Hour 5-8PM
- Drinks: $2 Pabst Blue Ribbon | $1 Off Infused Cocktails | (Drink Menu)
- Food: Cheese Burger, Cheese Dog, Kimchi Plate, Koritos & Salsa (Food Menu)
- Drinks: $5 Tinto & Txakoli | 10% Off All Wine Bottles
- Food: 1 free tapas with purchase of adult beverage
- Drinks: $1 Off Draft (Happy Hour Menu)
- Food: $3 Soft Pretzel / Fries with Cheese / All Salads, $5 Chicken Strips; Half off Pizza Slices (late) (Full Menu)
The EastBurn (1800 E Burnside St.) | Happy Hour 3-5PM
- Drinks: Whiskey Wednesday – $2 off all premium whiskeys, Happy hour Drinks Available (Menu)
- Food: $1 Off Salad & Entrees (Menu)
- Late Night: Late Night Food & Drink Menu starts at 10pm (Menu)
North Bar (5008 SE Division St.) | Happy Hour 3-6PM
- Drinks: $8 Margarita, Patron Select Barrel Aged Reposado $6
- Food: Vegan Chilli, Greek Salad, Flatbreads & More (Happy Hour Menu)
5&Dime (6535 SE Foster Rd, Portland) | Happy Hour 3-7 p.m.
Discover Portland’s Hidden Mysteries w/ Urban Adventure Quest’s Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure! | Discount / Promo Code
From Our Sponsors
Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure
Hours of Operation – Play anytime, Sunrise to Sunset
$39.20 for a team of 2-5 people w/ code PDXPIPELINE at urbanadventurequest.com
Looking for a way to turn Portland into a giant game board? Give the gift of adventure with a city-wide scavenger hunt!
Urban Adventure Quest has created an interactive scavenger hunt that combines the fun of the Amazing Race with a three-hour sightseeing tour of Portland. Guided from any smart phone, groups make their way among well-known and overlooked gems of the city, solving clues and completing challenges while learning local history. (more…)
Save Big w/ Artists Repertory Theatre’s Holiday Half Special! | Major Discount on Last 3 Shows of the Season
From Our Sponsors
Holiday Half Special
Available through February 16, 2020
Previews – 3 shows for $75/Package
Regular Run – 3 shows for $100/Package
More info: Tickets.artistsrep.org/packages
You can still take advantage of Artist Repertory Theatre’s holiday half subscription sale! These tickets in a package are cheaper than individual tickets. (more…)
Exquisite Creatures @ OMSI | Showcasing the Beauty of the Natural World, Art/Design/Nature, Limited Time
From Our Sponsors
Buy Tickets at omsi.edu
Immerse yourself in art, design and nature with Exquisite Creatures at OMSI. This new exhibit showcases the beauty of our natural world through masterfully designed mosaics and kaleidoscopes of rare organisms from around the globe.
Lan Su Chinese Garden Celebrates Chinese New Year—Year of the Rat | Extended Hours, Lion Dances, Cultural Performances, Martial Arts & More!
From Our Sponsors
Lan Su Chinese Garden Celebrates Chinese New Year—Year of the Rat
More info: lansugarden.org
Celebrate Chinese New Year, the most colorful and joyous of all Chinese festivals during Lan Su’s two-week celebration featuring lion dances, cultural performances, martial arts, calligraphy, family-friendly craft activities and much more! Every guest visiting on January 25 will also receive a hong bao, or traditional lucky red envelope.
In accordance with the Chinese lunar calendar, the Year of the Rat begins on January 25, 2020 and ends Saturday February 8, 2020. Lan Su will celebrate with an extra day of cultural programming on Sunday, February 9 to extend the festival and capture this final full weekend of festivities! (more…)
Test Your Skills w/ Escapism Portland’s Jungle Ransom! | See If You Can Make It Out In 1 Hour, Live Interactive Game, Unravel the Mysteries to Escape
From Our Sponsors
Private Bookings Only | Lasts one hour
Save 20% with code ESCAPISM20 at escapismportland.com
A luxurious tropical vacation deep in the heart of the jungle. What could go wrong, right? You and your friends have been kidnapped overseas and are being held for ransom! You see the scattered luggage and passports of past victims and feel entirely hopeless. But if you can outwit your captors, and soon, you may just have a chance at survival! (more…)