- This event has passed.
2019 Portland Last Thursday On Alberta Info: Street Closures, Parking, Vendors, Noise, Bathrooms, Etc
Last Thursdays on Alberta is an art walk in Portland, Ore., that stretches 15 blocks along Northeast Alberta Street. In 2019, its 22nd season, it will fill the street 6 to 9 p.m. the last Thursdays of June, July and August.
Last Thursdays is the most fun place to buy art in Portland. Come to support local artists as they share their wares along Alberta. You will discover jewelry, bags, paintings, sculptures, and wood work from up and coming artists at a reasonable price. The street is full with strolling people enjoying food, street performance, and people watching. Last Thursdays are iconic Portland events that you won’t want to miss!
The event is on NE Alberta Street, between NE 15th and 30th avenues. The Portland Bureau of Transportation invites all Portland families, artists, and neighbors to enjoy the vibrant street scene and support local businesses and artists.
This year, Last Thursdays on Alberta will celebrate its tradition as a fun, family-friendly showcase of grassroots art and music. Portland is a place where neighbors and friends meet in our streets to enjoy life outside. PBOT is committed to supporting a vibrant and livable city.
Last Thursdays on Alberta is a celebration of grass roots art, food, and culture. This year, there will be new features at the event in partnership with Alberta Art Works and Indigenous Come UP. These features will provide opportunities to make crafts, learn about using salvaged materials at home, and learn about our cultural history.
This year will have some special new features:
- Alberta Art Works will have special programming at four places in the festival, at NE 17th, 19th, 23rd, and 25th avenues. These four areas will feature voices from the neighborhood. In June, Last Thursdays proudly features local South Asian dancers the Gulabi Gang, the Unpresidented Brass Band, and a tiki bar bike. In July, the four areas will feature Kutatonon’s young African dancers, fire performers at the Big Red Bus, and the Revolution Choir. Look for colorful flags marking the performance areas.
- A Native American crafting circle will gather on the north side of the 21st and Alberta St. intersection. Stop by to make some crafts! Then, check out the Native American art that will be located in this area.
Last Thursdays on Alberta is part of PBOT’s Portland in the Streets effort that uses our largest public space – our streets – as a gathering place where neighbors come together, support local businesses and encourage creativity.
People who plan to visit NE Alberta Street this Thursday are encouraged to take public transit, bike, take BIKETOWN, or walk to the area. Attendees are reminded to be courteous to the surrounding neighborhood. Please park with consideration and limit the level of noise when returning home after the event.
Last Thursday Info and Tips:
- On Twitter? We will be using the @lastthursday account to relay information about the event as always.
- Street Closure: Alberta street is closed for Last Thursday at 6PM.
- Parking: Parked on Alberta Street? Cars need to get off the street by 5pm.
- Trimet: Bus reroutes are in effect from 6-11pm on Alberta. Catch the bus at stops on Killingsworth instead.
- Vendors: Make room across sidewalk for wheelchairs to have access to your goods, and wait til 6pm to set up in the street. Parking lanes ok after 5! Vendors may not set up in side street entrances so emergency vehicles can get in. Buskers only in these areas. Although we love non-profits we ask they give up their spots at Last Thursday for artists, crafters, musicians, and vendors of handmades.
- Noise & Boomboxes: Be respectful with that boombox! Sound during Last Thursday should not carry more than half a block. A noise ticket could cost you $500. The Noise Office and police will work to bring street musicians within compliance of the city’s noise code.
- Trash: Last Thursday is a leave no trace event. Pick up after yourself. Trash stations are located at every intersection
- Open Containers: No open containers at Last Thursday. Police will strictly enforce open-container drinking in the right of way, as well as marijuana use. Neither was enforced strictly in the past.
- Fire: Fire spinners need permits.
- Closing Time: The city will start opening Alberta at 9:00 p.m., be ready to go please.
- Friday: Neighborhood clean-up in effect on Alberta after Last Thursday
More Upcoming Portland Events
From Our Sponsors
$2 off house old fashioneds
From fantastic brunch and dinner, to drinks on the patio, to live music, to a game of skee-ball in the Tap Room…EastBurn has something for everyone!
Portland Friday Food & Drink Specials including daily specials, happy hours, & late night specials.
Note: Menus are subject to change. Please contact venue in order to verify.
Bare Bones Bar & Cafe | (2900 SE Belmont St) | Happy Hour 4-7 PM
- Drinks: $3 Well Drinks | $2 Pabst & Ranier Tall Boys | $2 Session, Mickey’s, Miller LT | $1 Off All Other Beers
- Food: Grilled Cheese, Chili Dogs, Hummus Plate, Tuna Salad, & more (Happy Hour Menu)
Goodfoot Lounge | (2845 SE Stark St.) | Happy Hour 5-8PM
- Drinks: $2 Pabst Blue Ribbon | $1 Off Infused Cocktails | (Drink Menu)
- Food: Cheese Burger, Cheese Dog, Kimchi Plate, Koritos & Salsa (Food Menu)
- Drinks: $5 Tinto & Txakoli | 10% Off All Wine Bottles
- Food: 1 free tapas with purchase of adult beverage
- Drinks: $1 Off Draft (Happy Hour Menu)
- Food: $3 Soft Pretzel / Fries with Cheese / All Salads, $5 Chicken Strips (Full Menu)
The EastBurn (1800 E Burnside St.) | Happy Hour 3-5PM
- Drinks: Old Fashion Fridays, $2 off house old fashioneds, Happy hour Drinks Available (Menu)
- Food: $1 Off Salad & Entrees (Menu)
- Late Night: Late Night Food & Drink Menu starts at 10pm (Menu)
North Bar (5008 SE Division St.) | Happy Hour 3-6PM
- Drinks: $8 Margarita, Patron Select Barrel Aged Reposado $6
- Food: Vegan Chilli, Greek Salad, Flatbreads & More (Happy Hour Menu)
Discover Portland’s Hidden Mysteries w/ Urban Adventure Quest’s Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure! | Discount / Promo Code
From Our Sponsors
Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure
Hours of Operation – Play anytime, Sunrise to Sunset
$39.20 for a team of 2-5 people w/ code PDXPIPELINE at urbanadventurequest.com
Looking for a way to turn Portland into a giant game board? Give the gift of adventure with a city-wide scavenger hunt!
Urban Adventure Quest has created an interactive scavenger hunt that combines the fun of the Amazing Race with a three-hour sightseeing tour of Portland. Guided from any smart phone, groups make their way among well-known and overlooked gems of the city, solving clues and completing challenges while learning local history. (more…)
Ladies Get Coffee
More info: eventbrite.com
What better way to start your day than with pastries, coffee, and rad ladies? We’re partnering with WeWork to host our monthly meetup and provide the fuel — aka caffeine and treats. YUM! Feel free to bring a plus-one—the more the merrier. All folx are welcome to attend!
About Ladies Get Paid:
Portland Spirit Bigfoot Adventure Cruise | Daily Departures, 7-Hour Columbia Gorge Jet-Boat Adventure Cruise
From Our Sponsors
Portland Spirit Bigfoot Adventure Cruise
Save $25 w/ code BIGFOOT at bigfootcruise.com
Ride the Explorer jet-boat from Portland to Cascade Locks as we embark into the “Heart of the Columbia Gorge” to search for the elusive creature known as Bigfoot. See the landmarks that make the Northwest famous, while listening to live and recorded narration. Enjoy content created by Animal Planet’s Finding Bigfoot star, Cliff Barackman. (more…)