- This event has passed.
Portland 4th of July Weekend: 2018 Waterfront Blues Festival Schedule & Info | 100+ Acts on 4 Stages, Fireworks, George Thorogood & the Destroyers, Beth Hart & More!
From Our Sponsors
Waterfront Blues Festival
Gates open at 11 a.m. | All Ages
More info: http://waterfrontbluesfest.com
Join blues legends, up-and-comers and regional favorites to mark the 31st Annual Waterfront Blues Festival July 4-7, 2018 at Tom McCall Waterfront Park. Passes are now on sale at early-bird prices. This year’s festival will run four days and feature more than 100 acts on four stages. Festival proceeds help Oregon Food Bank fight hunger in Oregon and Clark County, Washington.
George Thorogood & the Destroyers • Beth Hart • The Mavericks • Robert Randolph & the Family Band • Marc Broussard • The Motet • Chubby Carrier & the Bayou Swamp Band • Commander Cody • Larkin Poe • Curtis Salgado • Ranky Tanky • Horace Trahan & the Ossun Express • Jimmy “Duck” Holmes • Johnny Rawls…and many more to be announced, including additional headliners!
The Festival rolls out its preliminary lineup this year with a new media partner: Entercom, the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content in the United States, and its Portland station 92.3 KGON have announced a multi-year agreement with the Festival. Highlights of the partnership include the return of the festival to its original radio broadcast partner.
“We couldn’t be more excited about this partnership and what it will mean for the festival as it begins its next chapter,” said Festival Artistic Director Peter Dammann. Entercom is working with the festival to bring a major new act to the event it hopes to announce in coming weeks.
This year’s lineup includes a number of new faces. “George Thorogood has been on our short list for three decades,” notes Dammann. “This year we’ll finally hear ‘Bad to the Bone’ echo off the far banks of the Willamette!” Other newcomers include Beth Hart, the Americana favs, The Mavericks, Louisiana’s bayou soul man Marc Broussard, Colorado funksters The Motet, and such up-and-comers as Georgia’s sister duo, Larkin Poe and South Carolina’s Ranky Tanky. “We’re thrilled to bring back one of our recent favorites, Robert Randolph & the Family Band, whose incendiary ‘sacred steel’ guitar work will help launch our fireworks show on July 4.”
“This is the concert deal of the summer,” says Dammann. “Four days, four stages, more than 100 eclectic performances—starting at just $30 for an early bird 4-day pass.”
The following four-day passes are offered this year.
- Basic 4-Day Pass ($40) — Four-day pass, priority re-entry.
KGON Blues Buddy Pass ($85) — Four-day pass, EARLY entry, priority re-entry, commemorative KGON Blues Buddy swag and discounted admission to Waterfront After-Hours Concerts in the Marriott Ballroom (first-come, first-served).
- Benefactor Pass ($350) — Four-day EARLY entry & priority re-entry, access to Brewery Stage shaded seating, access to central stage shaded seating, admission to After-Hours concerts, four meal and drink vendor coupons, festival T-shirt and poster, parking pass & more! SOLD OUT LAST FEW YEARS!
- Patron Pass ($1,250) — Four-day EARLY entry & priority re-entry, priority access to on-stage seating at Brewery Stage and Blues Stage, access to central stage shaded seating, access to VIP Hospitality Pavilion with catered buffets and VIP restrooms, invitation to July 4th BBQ with river’s edge viewing of fireworks, admission to After-Hours concerts, parking pass and many other VIP perks. SOLD OUT LAST FEW YEARS!
Tickets and lineup information for the popular DME Blues Cruises aboard the Portland Spirit, as well as the After Hours Concerts in the Marriott Grand Ballroom across from the festival, will be available in early April .
For artist bios, preliminary schedule, videos and music samples, visit the newly updated: waterfrontbluesfest.com.
About Waterfront Blues Festival:
Since 1988, the Waterfront Blues Fest has raised funds and awareness to fight hunger in Oregon and Clark County, Washington. Oregon Food Bank, which had produced the event for three decades as its major annual fundraiser, recently turned over production responsibilities to its longtime festival partner, Waterfront Blues Production LLC. OFB remains the beneficiary of the event. Since its inception, the festival has raised nearly $11 million and more than 1,000 tons of food to fight hunger in the region.
This Portland flagship festival has become a treasured tradition for locals and visitors alike, and has served as downtown Portland’s signature Fourth of July Celebration. It is the largest blues festival west of the Mississippi, the second-largest blues festival in the nation, and one of the most revered festivals of its kind in the world. It is a recipient of numerous awards, including the Memphis-based Blues Foundation’s coveted Keeping the Blues Alive Award for ‘Best Festival.’ Since its inception, the festival has been committed to elevating the presence of local non-profits through fundraising and exposure.
More Upcoming Portland Events
From Our Sponsors
Every Tuesday is our famous Half Price Craft Beer Tuesdays! Come out and try a few pints of great craft beer from many of our 16 constantly rotating taps for half price! All day every Tuesday. (more…)
Portland Tuesday Food & Drink Specials including daily specials, happy hours, & late night specials.
Note: Menus are subject to change. Please contact venue in order to verify.
Bare Bones Bar & Cafe | (2900 SE Belmont St) | Happy Hour 4-7 PM
- Drinks: $3 Well Drinks | $2 Pabst & Ranier Tall Boys | $2 Session, Mickey’s, Miller LT | $1 Off All Other Beers
- Food: Taco Tuesdays, Grilled Cheese, Chili Dogs, Hummus Plate, Tuna Salad, & more (Happy Hour Menu)
Goodfoot Lounge | (2845 SE Stark St.) | Happy Hour 5-8PM
- Drinks: $2 Pabst Blue Ribbon | $1 Off Infused Cocktails | (Drink Menu)
- Food: Cheese Burger, Cheese Dog, Kimchi Plate, Koritos & Salsa (Food Menu)
- Drinks: $5 Tinto & Txakoli | 10% Off All Wine Bottles
- Food: 1 free tapas with purchase of adult beverage
- Drinks: $1 Off Draft (Happy Hour Menu)
- Food: $3 Soft Pretzel / Fries with Cheese / All Salads, $5 Chicken Strips; Half off Pizza Slices (late) (Full Menu)
The EastBurn (1800 E Burnside St.) | Happy Hour 3-5PM
- Drinks: Half Price Pints on Tuesdays, Happy hour Drinks Available (Menu)
- Food: $1 Off Salad & Entrees (Menu)
- Late Night: Late Night Food & Drink Menu starts at 10pm (Menu)
North Bar (5008 SE Division St.) | Happy Hour 3-6PM
- Drinks: $2 Rainier, Slushies, $8 Margarita, Patron Select Barrel Aged Reposado $6
- Food: Crunchy ground beef tacos 3 for $3; Vegan Chilli, Greek Salad, Flatbreads & More (Happy Hour Menu)
5&Dime (6535 SE Foster Rd, Portland) | Happy Hour 3-7 p.m.
Discover Portland’s Hidden Mysteries w/ Urban Adventure Quest’s Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure! | Discount / Promo Code
From Our Sponsors
Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure
Hours of Operation – Play anytime, Sunrise to Sunset
$39.20 for a team of 2-5 people w/ code PDXPIPELINE at urbanadventurequest.com
Looking for a way to turn Portland into a giant game board? Give the gift of adventure with a city-wide scavenger hunt!
Urban Adventure Quest has created an interactive scavenger hunt that combines the fun of the Amazing Race with a three-hour sightseeing tour of Portland. Guided from any smart phone, groups make their way among well-known and overlooked gems of the city, solving clues and completing challenges while learning local history. (more…)
Get the Most From The Portland Holiday Season w/ Holiday Events Guide 2019! | Tree Farms, Christmas Ship Schedules, Gingerbread House Ideas & more!
From Our Sponsors
Holiday Events Guide 2019
More info: pezportland.com
Let us help you plan events with family and friends this holiday season with the Holiday Events Guide 2019! Over 107 Events and Bazaars listed.
Links to help you find Christmas Tree Farms in Oregon, Christmas Ship schedules for both the Willamette and Columbia rivers, Gingerbread House Ideas and More!
2019 McGinty Conference on Alzheimer’s @ Oregon Convention Center | Caregiving: The Ultimate Balancing Act
The 21st annual McGinty Conference on Alzheimer’s—Caregiving: The Ultimate Balancing Act is Oregon’s leading research and education event, highlighting Alzheimer’s and other dementias. (more…)