- This event has passed.
Paranormal Pub: Spirits of Early Oregon @ McMenamins Kennedy School | w/ Historian and Paranormal Investigator Rocky Smith
Spirits of Early Oregon; Presented by Rocky Smith, Historian and Paranormal Investigator
About the Presentation:
Join Historian and Paranormal Investigator Rocky Smith for an evening of history, folklore and the paranormal. Smith will share some unbelievable ghost stories, accumulated from his years of experience with the paranormal, his knowledge of Oregon history and passion for historical research, and his willingness to listen openly while fellow Oregonians share their paranormal experiences. Smith has compiled hundreds of ghost stories while living in Oregon City (Oregon’s first incorporated city), and has a gift for telling those stories, whether it’s on one of his popular Northwest Ghost Tours or on a stage. This will be Smith’s third appearance as a Paranormal Pub speaker and he is excited to share some of his favorite ghost stories from around Oregon, while revealing a bit of the process that is involved in piecing these incredible stories together.
About the Speaker:
Rocky Smith was born and raised in Oregon City. Today, he teaches art at Oregon City High School, where he has been for the last 16 years. He is well known in the community as a local historian and paranormal investigator. Smith recently finished his second term on the Oregon City Commission and is currently taking a much-needed break from politics.
In college, Smith worked for three years in the historic Ermatinger House, the oldest house in Oregon City and the third oldest house in the state of Oregon. He has had many paranormal experiences over the past 20 years, including his first in the Ermatinger House, which was featured in Susan Smitten’s book, Ghost Stories of Oregon. Smith has spent 20 years working to preserve this historic house; now restored, it should be open to the public this summer.
Smith started researching paranormal activity in Oregon City in 1995 and has documented close to 100 haunted places within the city. In 2006, he combined his love for history and knowledge of the paranormal by founding Northwest Ghost Tours and now leads the “Walk with the Spirits” tours in Oregon City. In 2006 and 2007, Smith was named Teacher of the Year at Oregon City High School and was the recipient of Oregon City’s Citizen of the Year Award for 2013. In 2017, Northwest Ghost Tours won the “Best of Oregon City” award in the “Best Oregon City History or Story” category. After speaking at several West coast paranormal conferences, Rocky is now Director of the Oregon Ghost Conference.
More Upcoming Portland Events
Discover Portland’s Hidden Mysteries w/ Urban Adventure Quest’s Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure! | Give the Gift of Adventure! + Discount / Promo Code
From Our Sponsors
Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure
Hours of Operation – Play anytime, Sunrise to Sunset
$39.20 for a team of 2-5 people w/ code PDXPIPELINE at urbanadventurequest.com
Looking for a way to turn Portland into a giant game board? Give the gift of adventure with a city-wide scavenger hunt!
Urban Adventure Quest has created an interactive scavenger hunt that combines the fun of the Amazing Race with a three-hour sightseeing tour of Portland. Guided from any smart phone, groups make their way among well-known and overlooked gems of the city, solving clues and completing challenges while learning local history. (more…)
Portland Pedalpalooza Event Schedule: Sidewalk Stamp Ride, Sunset Moonrise Ride, Biking Betties Sunset Rocky Butte Picnic Ride, Effigy Transformation, Cookie Cruise, Full Strawberry Moon Naked Ride
Portland’s gigantic annual bike festival Pedalpalooza runs June 1-30. There are currently more than 200 scheduled events including several naked bike rides, parades, themed rides, various music rides, & much more! We have listed most of the rides below by date.
2019 Portland Pedalpalooza Events
- June 17: Sidewalk Stamp Ride, Sunset Moonrise Ride, Biking Betties Sunset Rocky Butte Picnic Ride, Effigy Transformation, Cookie Cruise, Full Strawberry Moon Naked Ride
- June 18: ¿Por Qué No? Ride, SW Unfinished Bikeways, Climate Cycles and Cremsicles, Foster Night Ride, Bike in Movie, Divine Dine Alley Cat, Cat Ride
- June 19: Ride the Green Loop, Bicycling Breweries, Green New Wheel!, Fender Gender Bender, Black Liberation Ride, The Games we Play, West Side Explorer, P-town E-Scoot Throwdown
- June 20: NW PDX Kids Ride, NW in Motion Scavenger Ride, Heritage Tree Ride, Cully Pub Crawl, Skate Critical Mass, Solstice Ride
- June 21: Traffic Jams, Run-DMC vs Beastie Boys, Prawn Ride, Dropout Prom
- June 22: Muppet Movie Singalong Bike Ride, Cul-de-sacs and Circles, Portland Maker Ride, Back to the Future
- June 23: Seersucker Social and Picnic, Grilled by Bike, Cargo Bike Roll Call, Mural Ride, Dock O’Clock Ride, Vending Machine Scavenger Hunt Art Ride, St. Johns Dirty Ride, Grateful Gardens Ride, Bike Play!
- June 24: 70s Easy Listening Leisure Cruise, Canadian Pride Roller Hockey, Transport your Activism, All Gender St. John’s Bridge Ride
- June 25: Gears and Grills, SW Corridor My Foot, Twosday Night Adventure
- June 26: Yoga Jam Ride, The Big Lebowski Ride, B1G Ten Ride, As If! Clueless Ride!
- June 27: Salmonberry Trail 101: MAX to Manning, Baddies on Bikes, Secret Aardvark Ride, Beyonce Bike Ride, Silent Ride
- June 28: Ding Ding Ride, Galactic Disco, Diablo Ride, Loud N Lit
- June 29: World Naked Bike Ride, Morning Naked, Naked Metric, Terri Sue Webb Naked, Fig Leif Naked Protest, WNBR After Party
- June 30: Sunday Parkways, Casual City Century, Tour de Corndog, 7th Ave Slow Roll, Riding up the Hill: A Kate Bush Tribute, Zoobomb
Portland Spirit Bigfoot Adventure Cruise | Daily Departures, 7-Hour Columbia Gorge Jet-Boat Adventure Cruise
From Our Sponsors
Portland Spirit Bigfoot Adventure Cruise
More info: bigfootcruise.com
Ride the Explorer jet-boat from Portland to Cascade Locks as we embark into the “Heart of the Columbia Gorge” to search for the elusive creature known as Bigfoot. See the landmarks that make the Northwest famous, while listening to live and recorded narration. Enjoy content created by Animal Planet’s Finding Bigfoot star, Cliff Barackman. (more…)
Space is full of stars. But how did those stars get their names? Pegasus Puppet Theatre brings Roman and Greek myths to life, illuminating the stories behind constellations such as Hydra, Leo and Pegasus!
This production is a non-stop kid-friendly puppet-romp of excitement and fun for everyone. Cheer for heroes and titans alike!
From Our Sponsors
Bare Bones Cafe and Bar is a neighborhood spot on SE Belmont in Portland. Stop by Mondays for All-Day Happy Hour. (more…)