- This event has passed.
Panel Discussion @ Hillsboro Brookwood Library | Free, Three Panelists Address the Emotions, Creativity and Resilience of Iraqi, Muslim and Syrian Immigrants
On Oct. 5, three panelists will address Iraqi, Muslim and Syrian immigrants in a panel discussion at the Hillsboro Brookwood Library as part of the “We the People” exhibit. This event includes three exhibits that aim to draw attention to ongoing humanitarian crises.
During the panel discussion, artist Farooq Hassan, photographer Jim Lommasson and Sankar Raman, founder of The Immigrant Story, will discuss how we can better understand crises through art and visual expression. This event will be moderated by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Len Reed, formerly of The Oregonian and the Los Angeles Times.
The free “We the People” exhibit runs from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Oct. 1 through Oct. 30, 2018, at the library, located at 2850 NW Brookwood Parkway in Hillsboro, Oregon.
“This exhibit is a reflection of the resettled immigrant and refugee community in the Portland metro area, including Hillsboro and Beaverton,” Raman said. “Collectively, the exhibit seeks to represent the emotions, humanity, creativity and resiliency of this community.”
“We the People” is a project from The Immigrant Story, which created the exhibit as part of its ongoing efforts to educate people about immigrants in Portland.
More Upcoming Portland Events
From Our Sponsors
$2 off house old fashioneds
From fantastic brunch and dinner, to drinks on the patio, to live music, to a game of skee-ball in the Tap Room…EastBurn has something for everyone!
Portland Friday Food & Drink Specials including daily specials, happy hours, & late night specials.
Note: Menus are subject to change. Please contact venue in order to verify.
Bare Bones Bar & Cafe | (2900 SE Belmont St) | Happy Hour 4-7 PM
- Drinks: $3 Well Drinks | $2 Pabst & Ranier Tall Boys | $2 Session, Mickey’s, Miller LT | $1 Off All Other Beers
- Food: Grilled Cheese, Chili Dogs, Hummus Plate, Tuna Salad, & more (Happy Hour Menu)
Goodfoot Lounge | (2845 SE Stark St.) | Happy Hour 5-8PM
- Drinks: $2 Pabst Blue Ribbon | $1 Off Infused Cocktails | (Drink Menu)
- Food: Cheese Burger, Cheese Dog, Kimchi Plate, Koritos & Salsa (Food Menu)
- Drinks: $5 Tinto & Txakoli | 10% Off All Wine Bottles
- Food: 1 free tapas with purchase of adult beverage
- Drinks: $1 Off Draft (Happy Hour Menu)
- Food: $3 Soft Pretzel / Fries with Cheese / All Salads, $5 Chicken Strips (Full Menu)
The EastBurn (1800 E Burnside St.) | Happy Hour 3-5PM
- Drinks: Old Fashion Fridays, $2 off house old fashioneds, Happy hour Drinks Available (Menu)
- Food: $1 Off Salad & Entrees (Menu)
- Late Night: Late Night Food & Drink Menu starts at 10pm (Menu)
North Bar (5008 SE Division St.) | Happy Hour 3-6PM
- Drinks: $8 Margarita, Patron Select Barrel Aged Reposado $6
- Food: Vegan Chilli, Greek Salad, Flatbreads & More (Happy Hour Menu)
5&Dime (6535 SE Foster Rd, Portland) | Happy Hour 3-7 p.m.
Discover Portland’s Hidden Mysteries w/ Urban Adventure Quest’s Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure! | Discount / Promo Code
From Our Sponsors
Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure
Hours of Operation – Play anytime, Sunrise to Sunset
$39.20 for a team of 2-5 people w/ code PDXPIPELINE at urbanadventurequest.com
Looking for a way to turn Portland into a giant game board? Give the gift of adventure with a city-wide scavenger hunt!
Urban Adventure Quest has created an interactive scavenger hunt that combines the fun of the Amazing Race with a three-hour sightseeing tour of Portland. Guided from any smart phone, groups make their way among well-known and overlooked gems of the city, solving clues and completing challenges while learning local history. (more…)
Get the Most From The Portland Holiday Season w/ Holiday Events Guide 2019! | Tree Farms, Christmas Ship Schedules, Gingerbread House Ideas & more!
From Our Sponsors
Holiday Events Guide 2019
More info: pezportland.com
Let us help you plan events with family and friends this holiday season with the Holiday Events Guide 2019! Over 107 Events and Bazaars listed.
Links to help you find Christmas Tree Farms in Oregon, Christmas Ship schedules for both the Willamette and Columbia rivers, Gingerbread House Ideas and More!