- This event has passed.
Oregon 2018 Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival | 40 Acres of Tulips in Every Color, Wine Tastings, Gift Shops & More!
From Our Sponsors
Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival
More info: woodenshoe.com
The tulips are ready to share their beauty with visitors from around the world when the 34th annual Wooden Shoe Tulip Fest opens on Friday, March 23. An expansive 40 acres of tulips and daffodils in nearly 120 varieties and every color are the backdrop to activities that engage people of all ages. The 2018 Tulip Fest is open daily through April 30.
“We are ready to see people fill the farm, rain or shine,” said Barb Iverson, Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm owner. “New activities are lined up, along with some traditional favorites so that everyone leaves the farm with some new cheerful memories.”
Professional photographers and scrapbook aficionados alike will have endless opportunities for creating terrific pictures. Iconic landmarks including the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm’s windmill and pink tractor are great for any backdrop, with Mt. Hood an extraordinary addition – especially in the early-morning or early evening light.
Feed Your Feed
Instagram and social media enthusiasts will find a great way to brighten up social media feeds with multicolored tulips.The Wooden Shoe Tulip farm has these recommendations for making the best images with your phone:
- For photos of the field, look for color combos, find an object or flower to focus on such as the windmill, a hot air ballon, Mt. Hood, etc.;
- Find lighting to make the color or flower pop;
- Be unique, and don’t be afraid to get muddy;
- For dogs just think action shots, tongue, put them in objects in front of the flowers!
Visitors are encouraged to join the conversation with the hollowing hashtags: #woodenshoetulipfarm, #tulipfest2018, and #woodenshoefarm.
The farm offers special events throughout the festival including local farm tastings, photography classes, musical guests, and more. The events are continuously updated on the Tulip Farm’s website. This year, some special events include:
- Each Saturday Wooden Shoe Carver Class from 9 a.m. – 5p.m. Sign up required.
- Saturday, March 24: The Tulip Trail 5K/10K Run at 8:30 a.m.
Proceeds go to Oregon City Track department
- Saturday, March 31: Easter Egg Hunt at 10 a.m. and noon
- Sunday, April 1: Easter sunrise service at 7 a.m.
- Saturday, April 7: Tractor Spark Show at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 28: Muddy Paws Fun Run at 11 a.m.
Each day of the Tulip Fest, visitors can enjoy hay wagon rides, cow and tour train rides, and a children’s play area with slides and swings. There will be freshly picked tulips for purchase, flower displays to order for personal gardens, a great selection of food, and the world-class gift shop. The Wooden Shoe Vineyards tasting room will be open with daily wine tastings near the tulip fields from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. Visitors to the Tulip Fest will have access to the beautiful four-acre Wooden Shoe Event Garden for their own picnics whether they purchased food at the event or brought their own meal from home.
On Saturdays and Sundays there will be additional activities including wooden shoe making demonstrations, crafter tents, an expanded play area, pony rides, jump tents, zip lines, and paintball. Adults 21 years and older can enjoy the Wine Wagon Farm Tours.
Admission and Pricing
The Wooden Shoe Tulip Fest is open daily from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. Individual admission is $5.00 per person ages 13 and above with a maximum car charge of $20.00. Children 12 years and younger are admitted for free. Information on additional pricing options such as group tours can be found online.
About Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm
The Iverson family farm began in 1950 and the family started growing tulips in 1974. The Wooden Shoe Bulb Company started in 1983, and in 2001 they changed the name to Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm. The fields are open each year from the end of March to the first week of May. In recent years, the farm has added a Fall Gift Shop, and in 2014, the family announced the farm’s newest addition, the Wooden Shoe Vineyards. For additional information, please visit woodenshoe.com.
More Upcoming Portland Events
From Our Sponsors
$2 off house old fashioneds
From fantastic brunch and dinner, to drinks on the patio, to live music, to a game of skee-ball in the Tap Room…EastBurn has something for everyone!
Portland Friday Food & Drink Specials including daily specials, happy hours, & late night specials.
Note: Menus are subject to change. Please contact venue in order to verify.
Bare Bones Bar & Cafe | (2900 SE Belmont St) | Happy Hour 4-7 PM
- Drinks: $3 Well Drinks | $2 Pabst & Ranier Tall Boys | $2 Session, Mickey’s, Miller LT | $1 Off All Other Beers
- Food: Grilled Cheese, Chili Dogs, Hummus Plate, Tuna Salad, & more (Happy Hour Menu)
Goodfoot Lounge | (2845 SE Stark St.) | Happy Hour 5-8PM
- Drinks: $2 Pabst Blue Ribbon | $1 Off Infused Cocktails | (Drink Menu)
- Food: Cheese Burger, Cheese Dog, Kimchi Plate, Koritos & Salsa (Food Menu)
- Drinks: $5 Tinto & Txakoli | 10% Off All Wine Bottles
- Food: 1 free tapas with purchase of adult beverage
- Drinks: $1 Off Draft (Happy Hour Menu)
- Food: $3 Soft Pretzel / Fries with Cheese / All Salads, $5 Chicken Strips (Full Menu)
The EastBurn (1800 E Burnside St.) | Happy Hour 3-5PM
- Drinks: Old Fashion Fridays, $2 off house old fashioneds, Happy hour Drinks Available (Menu)
- Food: $1 Off Salad & Entrees (Menu)
- Late Night: Late Night Food & Drink Menu starts at 10pm (Menu)
North Bar (5008 SE Division St.) | Happy Hour 3-6PM
- Drinks: $8 Margarita, Patron Select Barrel Aged Reposado $6
- Food: Vegan Chilli, Greek Salad, Flatbreads & More (Happy Hour Menu)
Discover Portland’s Hidden Mysteries w/ Urban Adventure Quest’s Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure! | Discount / Promo Code
From Our Sponsors
Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure
Hours of Operation – Play anytime, Sunrise to Sunset
$39.20 for a team of 2-5 people w/ code PDXPIPELINE at urbanadventurequest.com
Looking for a way to turn Portland into a giant game board? Give the gift of adventure with a city-wide scavenger hunt!
Urban Adventure Quest has created an interactive scavenger hunt that combines the fun of the Amazing Race with a three-hour sightseeing tour of Portland. Guided from any smart phone, groups make their way among well-known and overlooked gems of the city, solving clues and completing challenges while learning local history. (more…)
NW Natural Street of Dreams | Featuring the Latest in Building Tech, Design & Sustainability at Wilsonville’s Stafford Meadows
From Our Sponsors
2019 Street of Dreams
More info: streetofdreamspdx.com
The NW Natural Street of Dreams at Stafford Meadows returns to Wilsonville. The annual luxury home event produced by the Home Builders of Metro Portland offers a unique opportunity to be inspired – whether planning a new kitchen, bathroom or building a new house. This year’s show will feature homes showcasing the latest in design trends, technology, energy-efficient building practices and more. The event takes places from Saturday, July 27 to Sunday, August 25, 2019. (more…)
FREE Portland Summer Concerts & Movies In the Park @ Luuwit View Park | Music by St. James’s Gate (Celtic Americana, infectious pub rock), Followed by Mary Poppins Returns
Concerts and entertainment begin at 6:30PM, including live performances and free popcorn.
A musical tradition over 110 years in the making, Concerts in the Park offers something for everyone. The Rose City’s best and brightest – from classical to cumbia, rock to hip-hop – have been entrancing audiences in parks since 1901.Today’s crowds flock to Portland parks citywide for the revelry, with thousands attending 59 concerts offered in 2018. (more…)