2019 Cathedral Park Jazz Festival | Free, The Longest Running Jazz & Blues Festival West of the Mississippi
The Jazz Society of Oregon’s free Cathedral Park Jazz Festival [CPJF] will take place for the 39th consecutive year on Friday July 19, Saturday July 20, and Sunday July 21, 2019, in Cathedral Park under the historic St Johns Bridge in North Portland.
Among the Portland-area jazz, blues, R&B and funk musicians who will be performing at this year’s festival: trumpeter Farnell Newton and the Othership Connection; vocalist and pianist John Gilmore in a tribute to Nat King Cole and Frank Sinatra (Gilmore’s father was Sinatra’s record producer in the 1950s); guitarist Dan Faehnle of Pink Martini fame; drummer Tyrone Hendrix and the Cello Project; and the Cherry Blossom Orchestra.
Stay tuned – the complete schedule of performers playing will be announced in May.
“This is the 39th consecutive year of the festival, which was started by a group of volunteers looking to commemorate the construction of spectacular Cathedral Park – one of the city’s most beautiful settings,” said Dan Presley, Jazz Society of Oregon’s Vice President. “It has evolved into a celebration of Portland’s diverse jazz music scene. It’s still free and still run by volunteers, so everyone is welcome. It is also the longest-running community event in the Greater Portland area.”
The CPJF planning committee is still looking for community sponsors and volunteers to fill a variety of positions. Sponsors may contact the festival planning committee by emailing [email protected]. Also check https://jazzoregon.com/festival. Volunteers may sign up by emailing [email protected] and check out https://jazzoregon.com/festival where there is a link to the signup system.
More Upcoming Portland Events
Discover Portland’s Hidden Mysteries w/ Urban Adventure Quest’s Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure! | Give the Gift of Adventure! + Discount / Promo Code
From Our Sponsors
Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure
Hours of Operation – Play anytime, Sunrise to Sunset
$39.20 for a team of 2-5 people w/ code PDXPIPELINE at urbanadventurequest.com
Looking for a way to turn Portland into a giant game board? Give the gift of adventure with a city-wide scavenger hunt!
Urban Adventure Quest has created an interactive scavenger hunt that combines the fun of the Amazing Race with a three-hour sightseeing tour of Portland. Guided from any smart phone, groups make their way among well-known and overlooked gems of the city, solving clues and completing challenges while learning local history. (more…)
Portland Pedalpalooza Event Schedule: NW PDX Kids Ride, NW in Motion Scavenger Ride, Heritage Tree Ride, Cully Pub Crawl, Skate Critical Mass, Solstice Ride
Portland’s gigantic annual bike festival Pedalpalooza runs June 1-30. There are currently more than 200 scheduled events including several naked bike rides, parades, themed rides, various music rides, & much more! We have listed most of the rides below by date.
2019 Portland Pedalpalooza Events
- June 20: NW PDX Kids Ride, NW in Motion Scavenger Ride, Heritage Tree Ride, Cully Pub Crawl, Skate Critical Mass, Solstice Ride
- June 21: Traffic Jams, Run-DMC vs Beastie Boys, Prawn Ride, Dropout Prom
- June 22: Muppet Movie Singalong Bike Ride, Cul-de-sacs and Circles, Portland Maker Ride, Back to the Future
- June 23: Seersucker Social and Picnic, Grilled by Bike, Cargo Bike Roll Call, Mural Ride, Dock O’Clock Ride, Vending Machine Scavenger Hunt Art Ride, St. Johns Dirty Ride, Grateful Gardens Ride, Bike Play!
- June 24: 70s Easy Listening Leisure Cruise, Canadian Pride Roller Hockey, Transport your Activism, All Gender St. John’s Bridge Ride
- June 25: Gears and Grills, SW Corridor My Foot, Twosday Night Adventure
- June 26: Yoga Jam Ride, The Big Lebowski Ride, B1G Ten Ride, As If! Clueless Ride!
- June 27: Salmonberry Trail 101: MAX to Manning, Baddies on Bikes, Secret Aardvark Ride, Beyonce Bike Ride, Silent Ride
- June 28: Ding Ding Ride, Galactic Disco, Diablo Ride, Loud N Lit
- June 29: World Naked Bike Ride, Morning Naked, Naked Metric, Terri Sue Webb Naked, Fig Leif Naked Protest, WNBR After Party
- June 30: Sunday Parkways, Casual City Century, Tour de Corndog, 7th Ave Slow Roll, Riding up the Hill: A Kate Bush Tribute, Zoobomb
Portland Spirit Bigfoot Adventure Cruise | Daily Departures, 7-Hour Columbia Gorge Jet-Boat Adventure Cruise
From Our Sponsors
Portland Spirit Bigfoot Adventure Cruise
More info: bigfootcruise.com
Ride the Explorer jet-boat from Portland to Cascade Locks as we embark into the “Heart of the Columbia Gorge” to search for the elusive creature known as Bigfoot. See the landmarks that make the Northwest famous, while listening to live and recorded narration. Enjoy content created by Animal Planet’s Finding Bigfoot star, Cliff Barackman. (more…)
Harry and the Potters are a rock band that performs songs from the perspective of Harry Potter. Their rock show is appropriate for all ages and details the adventures, concerns, hopes and fears of the famous boy wizard.
Saturday, July 20, 2019
Where to Watch 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup Soccer in Portland | USA vs Sweden, Food & Drink Specials
From Our Sponsors
The United States plays Sweden Thursday at Noon. Below are a few places to watch the game in Portland + drink & food specials! (more…)