- This event has passed.
2018 Kriekfest @ Hood River Waterfront Park | 30+ Sour Cherry Beers, + Ciders, Wine, Marketplace, Treats, Family Friendly
From Our Sponsors
3rd Annual Kriekfest: Cherry Beers (and Ciders and Wine)
More info: merctickets.com
Kriekfest returns for its third annual inception, harvesting an even bigger basket of cherry beers (and ciders and a sparkling cherry wine). Hood Valley’s abundance of cherry orchards serves as the inspiration for the largest celebration devoted exclusively to barrel-aged cherry beverages that will take place at Waterfront Park directly on the Columbia River. Tickets are available at merctickets.com/go/Kriekfest. Admission is $40 and includes 25 drink tickets, or $25 that includes 5 drink tickets. Gate admission is $45 and comes with 18 tickets. All paid attendees will receive a commemorative stemmed glass.
Kriek, Flemish for cherry, is a four-centuries-old style of spontaneously-fermented, lambic ales aged on cherries (pits and all). This year’s lineup features an even larger collection of world-class examples imported from Belgium for Kriekfest including Brasserie Cantillon, Brouwerij Drei Fonteinen, Brouwerij Boon, Brouwerij Brasserie De Ranke, and Hanssens Artisanaal. Cherry-growing regions are natural for such beers so it’s no surprise the Hood River Valley’s Belgian-inspired breweries make excellent krieks. The 30-plus lineup is rounded out mostly by Oregon breweries and a few from other states and countries.
This family-and-dog-friendly celebration of cherry-laced drinks features a Cherry Marketplace and other delicious food from Hood River caterers including special cherry gelatos created by Cicci Gelato. Follow updates on Facebook at facebook.com/Kriekfest, Instagram at @Kriekfest, or Twitter at @Kriekfest.
The following breweries will have cherry beers or ciders at the festival.* (*Line-up is subject to change)
- Ale Apothecary (Bend, OR) This bottled beer was created for Kriekfest
- Block 15 (Corvallis, OR)
- Brouwerij Boon (Belgium)
- Bruery Terreux (Orange County, CA)
- Cantillon (Belgium)
- Cascade (Portland, OR) Two blends exclusively created for Kriekfest
- Drei Fonteinen (Belgium)
- Double Mountain (Hood River, OR)
- Firestone Walker (Paso Robles, CA) 2017 & 2018 vintages, winner: World Beer Cup
- Garden Path (Seattle, WA)
- Great Notion (Portland, OR)
- Hanssens (Belgium)
- Lindemans (Belgium)
- Little Beast (Beaverton, OR)
- Logsdon Farmhouse Ales (Hood River, OR)
- The Lost Abbey (San Diego, CA) Both Cuvee de Tomme and Red Poppy
- Modern Times (Portland, OR)
- New Belgium (Ft. Collins, CO)
- Nøgne Ø (Norway)
- Odell (Ft. Collins, CO)
- pFriem (Hood River, OR) Both Flanders Red Kriek and Oude Kriek
- Scratch (Ava, IL)
- Upright (Portland, OR)
- Wolf Tree (Seal Rock, OR)
- Reverend Nat’s (Portland, OR)
- Rack & Cloth (Mosier, OR)
- Wildcraft (Eugene, OR)
Frederiksdal sparkling cherry wine (Denmark)
More Upcoming Portland Events
From Our Sponsors
Portland Wednesday Food & Drink Specials including daily specials, happy hours, & late night specials.
Note: Menus are subject to change. Please contact venue in order to verify.
Bare Bones Bar & Cafe | (2900 SE Belmont St) | Happy Hour 4-7 PM
- Drinks: Whiskey Wednesdays – $1 Off All Whiskey, $3 Well Drinks | $2 Pabst & Ranier Tall Boys | $2 Session, Mickey’s, Miller LT | $1 Off All Other Beers
- Food: Grilled Cheese, Chili Dogs, Hummus Plate, Tuna Salad, & more (Happy Hour Menu)
Goodfoot Lounge | (2845 SE Stark St.) | Happy Hour 5-8PM
- Drinks: $2 Pabst Blue Ribbon | $1 Off Infused Cocktails | (Drink Menu)
- Food: Cheese Burger, Cheese Dog, Kimchi Plate, Koritos & Salsa (Food Menu)
- Drinks: $5 Tinto & Txakoli | 10% Off All Wine Bottles
- Food: 1 free tapas with purchase of adult beverage
- Drinks: $1 Off Draft (Happy Hour Menu)
- Food: $3 Soft Pretzel / Fries with Cheese / All Salads, $5 Chicken Strips; Half off Pizza Slices (late) (Full Menu)
The EastBurn (1800 E Burnside St.) | Happy Hour 3-5PM
- Drinks: Whiskey Wednesday – $2 off all premium whiskeys, Happy hour Drinks Available (Menu)
- Food: $1 Off Salad & Entrees (Menu)
- Late Night: Late Night Food & Drink Menu starts at 10pm (Menu)
North Bar (5008 SE Division St.) | Happy Hour 3-6PM
- Drinks: $8 Margarita, Patron Select Barrel Aged Reposado $6
- Food: Vegan Chilli, Greek Salad, Flatbreads & More (Happy Hour Menu)
5&Dime (6535 SE Foster Rd, Portland) | Happy Hour 3-7 p.m.
Discover Portland’s Hidden Mysteries w/ Urban Adventure Quest’s Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure! | Discount / Promo Code
From Our Sponsors
Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure
Hours of Operation – Play anytime, Sunrise to Sunset
$39.20 for a team of 2-5 people w/ code PDXPIPELINE at urbanadventurequest.com
Looking for a way to turn Portland into a giant game board? Give the gift of adventure with a city-wide scavenger hunt!
Urban Adventure Quest has created an interactive scavenger hunt that combines the fun of the Amazing Race with a three-hour sightseeing tour of Portland. Guided from any smart phone, groups make their way among well-known and overlooked gems of the city, solving clues and completing challenges while learning local history. (more…)
2020 Cascade Festival of African Films @ PCC Cascade | Portland Celebration of Black History Month, Free, 30+ Feature/Documentary/Short Films
A free popular Portland event for 29 years, this year’s film festival features five weeks of more than 30 feature, documentary and short films by established and emerging African directors from 18 countries. The Cascade Festival of African Films shows us Africa through the eyes of Africans, rather than a vision of Africa packaged for Western viewers.
The films celebrate Africa’s achievements, expose its failures, and reveal possibilities for a hopeful future.
See full film schedule at africanfilmfestival.org.
Need a Newsletter? Letter-O-Matic is here to Help! | Perfect for Freelancers, Small Business Owners & Activists
From Our Sponsors
Letter-O-Matic Newsletter Services
More info: letteromatic.com
Need a newsletter? Letter-O-Matic is here to help!
We provide easy to read, easy to monetize newsletters for only $300 and 30-45 minutes of your time per month.
This service is perfect for busy freelancers, small business owners and activists who know the value of a monthly newsletter, but don’t have enough time to put one out on a monthly basis. (more…)
See If You Can Make It Out In 1 Hour w/ Escapism Portland! | Funky Laboratory Escape Room, Find Out What Happened to Dr. Zylchov & His Cats!
From Our Sponsors
Funky Laboratory Escape Room
More info: escapismportland.com
Dr. Zylchov was once a world-famous scientist, known for working on top secret projects in the 1970s. Today, his old laboratories have been cleared of radiation and torn down, and it’s been years since anyone has seen the doctor.
However, recently there have been reports in East Portland of an odd man in a lab coat walking his cats, and strange smells and lights coming from a nearby building. Could it be Dr. Z? The only things known for sure are that Dr. Z has a history of risky experiments, never moved on from the 70s, and loves his cats dearly. Your mission is to enter Dr. Z’s far-out apartment and find the truth! This room is entirely new and different from our previous room, Dr. Zylchov’s laboratory.
The Littman + White Gallery are proud to present, Standing Strong: the Awakening, an exhibition featuring photography and film works by Native American artist Josué Rivas. Standing Strong aims to capture the revival among Indigenous peoples who are taking pride in their culture while stepping up to protect the natural world. As stated by Rivas, “this body of work is a record of the spirit, of the land, water, and all our relations.” Curated by Safiyah Maurice.