Darcelle is now a musical! Based on the life of the world’s oldest working drag queen, the show premieres in September.
A volunteer group is slowly turning Portland packing lots into gardens … by hand. In the last decade, Depave Portland has deconstructed about 75 parking lots across the city.
And a Portland man recently discovered his father is Grammy Nominated musician Robert Palmer.
Here’s a roundup of the goings-on in Portland this week:
- Willamette Week: City Commissioner Chloe Eudaly Wants to Create Miles of Bus-Only Lanes Along Portland’s Busiest Streets
- Oregonian: Darcelle’s story is becoming a musical, with a score by the likes of Storm Large, Tom Grant and Quarterflash
- Portland Monthly: Lindsey Horan Is Redefining Women’s Soccer
- Willamette Week: Oregonians Will Receive a Minimum Wage Increase On July 1
- Post Magazine: Why Portland, Oregon, is to handicrafts what Los Angeles is to movies – think nature and geography
Get Portland News delivered every Thursday! Subscribe to our newsletter here.