We are giving away a pair of tickets to Pamplona de Portland @ Bar Vivant on May 5. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Friday, May 3.
From our sponsors:
Pamplona de Portland
May 5, 2019
11:30a-2p | 21+
Team Registration: $80 per team of four; Each team must bring a bullshit bull | Single Registration: $20 per person
More info: barvivant.com
2225 E Burnside St., Portland, 97214
Portland’s Spanish tapas bars Bar Botellόn and Bar Vivant have teamed up to bring a running of the bulls to Portland! No real bulls, just bullshit bulls (aka: whatever your creative minds dreams up that represents a bull and is used to chase runners!) On May 5th, all participants will gather at Bar Botellόn for drinks and a “bull show” (similar to a dog show but with the bullshit bulls) before embarking off on a Pamplona style one-mile run to the Bar Vivant corridor. There, the party continues with a Basque style cider Txotx and the goring of the bull piñata. Best “bull” wins a $50 gift certificate to each Bar Botellόn and Bar Vivant plus a trophy!
Bull Judging Criteria
- Overall appearance
- Presentation during the Bull Show
- Active engagement with the runners during the run
11:30AM Bar Botellόn pre-party starts; Free breakfast tapas!
12:15PM Bull Show
12:45PM Announcement of the race course and rules
1:00PM Unleashing of the bulls!
1:15PM Race finishes at Bar Vivant with post-party and cider txotx; Winner of Best Bull announced
Team Registration: $80 per team of four; Each team must bring a bullshit bull
Single Registration: $20 per person
- All registered participants receive a complimentary pañuelico (red bandana) and one drink ticket redeemable at each bar.
- All runners must wear all white clothing along with the pañuelico. A red scarf around the waist is also encouraged.
- Registration does not include the cider txtox. Txotx glasses can be purchased at Bar Vivant at the end of the race.
- To sign up please call or stop by Bar Vivant