From our sponsors:
PDX Women in Tech (PDXWIT) April Happy Hour
April 16, 2019
5-7p | Free
More info: eventbrite.com
111 SW 5th #2700, Portland, OR 97204
Join us for happy hour at New Relic on April 16th.
We all know the tech industry is full of networking events; in fact, you are reading about one right now! It can be tough to be our authentic selves in these situations. Let’s face it: sometimes it can be awkward to network. The theme of our April Happy Hour is “Stay Authentic: From the Office to Networking.” To get people talking about this, our conversation prompt for the event will be “What does authenticity mean to you?”
While the event is primarily intended for networking, we will have a short segment at 6:00pm to share important announcements and showcase three members of our community.
- A representative from our host company New Relic will share what they do and what job opportunities are available at the company
- Chikeola Karimou, Lifestyle Mentor, will talk about how we can show up to work as our best selves
- Shannon Wolcott, Marketing and Career Services Director at Alchemy Code Lab, will talk about how we can be authentic when networking
During the event, we’ll have more to do than free-form networking:
- An Activity Table where people can get creative. This is a fantastic way to meet others if large groups are not your thing. If you have trouble finding it, look for Meg Aul, our Event Activities Director.
- Table Topics to help break the ice.
- A section for job seekers and those hiring, to ensure people get connected.