From our sponsors:
PDX Women in Tech (PDXWIT)
February 19, 2019
4:30 p.m. | All Ages | Free
More info: eventbrite.com
308 Southwest 2nd Avenue, Portland, OR 97204
Join us for February Happy Hour at Puppet!
PDXWIT is looking forward to seeing you at our February Happy Hour at Puppet! Most of us procrastinate from time to time, but maybe that is not such a bad thing. The theme of the evening is Overcoming Procrastination, and we will discuss how that last minute pressure can often help us crank out some great work. The conversation starter to keep the networking flowing will be “What helps you focus when you need to get work done?”
While the event is primarily intended for networking, we will have a short segment at 5:30 to share important announcements and showcase some individuals in our community.
- An employee of Puppet will provide an introduction to the company and share open job opportunities
- Rebecca Snyder will talk about how improv can help us in business
- A local engineering leader will present “A Nerd’s Guide to Debugging Procrastination”
During the event, we’ll have more to do than free-form networking:
- An Activity Table where people can get creative. This is a fantastic way to meet others if large groups are not your thing. If you have trouble finding it, look for Meg Aul, our Event Activities Director.
- Table Topics to help break the ice.
- A section for job seekers and our sponsors who are hiring, to ensure people get connected.