Move over hipsters, Portland is in the top 10 list of cities to retire. According to a Senior Living survey, “warm and beautiful” Portland is in the list next to cities such as San Diego, Tampa, Nashville & Asheville.
Portland is home to a collection of sickening objects at the Outbreak Museum, where visitors can see salmonella-laced milk jugs, deadly tattoo ink, & even fatal home-canned beets.
And bicycling has been a Portland institution for more than a century! A Portland map published in 1896 targets bikers and showcases vendors, tips, miles from downtown & more.
Here’s a roundup of the goings-on in Portland this week:
- The New York Times: Intrepid Business Travelers Are Finding Another Way to the Airport: Bike
- Portland Business Alliance: Portland-Vancouver ferry could become a reality
- Provision Living: Survey: Portland in Top 10 Cities to Retire
- The New York Times: Should PoMo Architecture, at the 50-Year Mark, Be Saved?
- Bike Portland: This 1896 map shows the depth of Portland’s cycling culture
Get Portland News delivered every Thursday! Subscribe to our newsletter here.