We are giving away 4 pairs of tickets any performance in 2019. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Friday, November 30.
Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale NOW through Monday, November 26th
25% Off Tickets (for All Events between March and June 2019)
$30 Off Season Tickets ($290 regularly $320)
Seniors (60 and over), Students, and Group Discounts Available
1226 SW Salmon St, Portland, OR 97205
U.S. Classic Guitar President, William Jenks, is thrilled to announce the upcoming 2018-2019 Portland International Guitar Series, XIV. Because of your support, this iconic Portland guitar dynasty will continue for many years to come and the upcoming season promises to be one of the best to date.
This season will feature 11 concerts and 7 master classes of some of the greatest guitarists in the world including living legends Pepe Romero of Spain on February 22 and Carlos Barbosa Lima of Brasil on March 8 . The series will also feature international stars such as Ana Vidovic, Judicael Perroy, Benjamin Verdery, Eduardo Fernandez, and David Leisner . In addition to these seasoned masters, there will be rising stars such as Mak Grgic, Andrea Gonzales Caballero, and the Beijing Guitar Duo . The series will also diversify with the opening concert on November 30 featuring the critically acclaimed Patterson/Sutton Duo of cello and guitar and the Real Duo on May 18 featuring mandolin and guitar. The May 18 concert will also feature Spanish guitarist Carles Pons Altes, and U.S. Classic Guitar President William Jenks from Portland.
The new venue will be the historic Eliot Center located in the cultural rich center of downtown Portland. This charming facility takes up an entire city block and features multiple spaces perfect for the series such as the intimate Eliot Chapel (featuring outstanding acoustics and room for up to 250 people), the elegant Main Street Sanctuary (seats 700 and has been recently renovated with upgraded sound and seating) and the charming Channing and Fireside rooms which are perfect for master classes. The facility also features excellent reception space such as the Buchan Hall/Atrium area which is where the opening pre-concert reception will be held from 7:00 – 8:00 PM on November 30. The opening concert reception is free and included in the ticket price.
Season Tickets are the best deal if you can make most of the events this year because they give you all of the following benefits:
- Best seating in the hall from the front of the stage back for the following 11 Concerts of the 2018-2019 Portland International Guitar Series XIV.
- First entrance into the hall at 7:30 PM before the general public to select seats.
- Includes an audit to all 7 Master Classes . (Season ticket holders who are guitarists wishing to perform in the master classes will be given top priority and a discount to perform in the class.)
- Tickets can be transferred for each concert or master class from one person to another online using this new Evey Event Management App.
- Exclusive invitation to the V.I.P. Channing room for drinks and refreshments before the concert and during intermission for all concerts held in the Eliot Chapel (except the first concert on November 30 where the pre-concert reception will be held in the larger Buchan Hall/Atrium area open to everyone attending the concert).
- Exclusive invitations through email to all Artist Receptions following the concerts. These will be informal no-host receptions at a local restaurant within walking distance from the venue. Only sponsors and season ticket holders will be invited.
- Purchase additional tickets at a discount and your guests can sit with you in the season ticket area.