We are giving away a pair of tickets to How Oregon Works: The Current State of Work in Oregon @ The Sentinel Hotel on September 14. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Monday, September 10.
From our sponsors:
How Oregon Works: The Current State of Work in Oregon
September 14, 2018
11a-1p | $60 | All Ages
More info: bizjournals.com
614 SW 11th Ave., Portland, OR 97205
Join us for the first of this seven-part, six month long series taking an in-depth look at current and future workforce challenges and opportunities facing 6 of Oregon’s most important industries. This series will include seven monthly special publications beginning in June of 2018 along with two events, the first on September 14th discussing the current workforce landscape in Oregon.
At the event we will host a panel of industry leaders and workforce experts who will weigh in on the challenges and potential issues related to the future economic health of the state and its residents.
Join us for a discussion pertaining to these questions and more:
- Where are our challenges in closing the jobs and skills gaps?
- What are some of the most difficult jobs to fill and why?
- What are the demographic trends that are setting the stage for the future workforce and what are the implications for employers?
- John Taponga, President, ECONorthwest
- Andrew McGrough, Executive Director, Worksystems
- Ken Madden, VP of Sales & Marketing, Madden Industrial