We are giving away a pair of tickets to Tribute to Jill Scott & Erykah Badu w/ Farnell Newton & The Othership Connection  on June 23. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Friday, June 22.

June 23, 2018
10p | $15 | 21+
More info: thegoodfoot.com

Goodfoot Pub & Lounge
2845 SE Stark St., Portland, OR 97214

Farnell Newton & The Othership Connection will be paying tribute to two of the most creative & greatest singers & songwriters of the last 20 years Jill Scott & Erykah Badu. The night will feature Portland’s own jazz, gospel & soul singers Arietta Ward, Michalangela and Saeeda Wright as they sing songs from the entire catalog of Jill Scott & Erykah Badu. They will take you on a journey that will showcase their diverse musical background and versatility in front of Portland’s own The Othership Connection.

Revitalizing funk & soul with a new twist, Farnell Newton & The Othership Connection has been stirring up a ton of noise on the NW music scene. Led by Trumpeter Farnell Newton, who’s resume includes performing with Jill Scott, Bootsy Collins, Erykah Badu & more, The Othership Connection brings a sound that blends the old with the new. They are gaining a reputation of funkin’ up stages all night long. $15

, , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Responses to Win Tickets ($30): Tribute to Jill Scott & Erykah Badu w/ Farnell Newton & The Othership Connection @ The Goodfoot | Funk & Soul w/ a New Twist

1. Rochelle Reynolds June 18, 2018 at 6:52 pm #

A tribute to my beautiful soul sisters!!! A dream come true!!!
    Heaven on earth is what that is!! Take me there won’t you please?

2. Ben T June 19, 2018 at 12:18 pm #

Funk…Soul…True Happiness!
    I’d love to attend :)

3. Marijke Schouten June 19, 2018 at 12:40 pm #

I would love to mellow and revel in the acoustic delights of Jill Scott & Erykah Badu’s music!

4. Gretchen June 19, 2018 at 1:20 pm #

No way. Sounds like a good time! Would love to check it out.

5. Karen Burstein June 19, 2018 at 11:51 pm #

My boyfriend & i would LOVE to see this show in honor of these 2 incredible Philly Soul sisters!! He’s been sick recently but on his way to feeling better. We were unable to celebrate my BDay earlier this month & he feels bad about it. I would Love to surprise him with tickets to this show

6. Lauren June 20, 2018 at 3:47 pm #

The music of Queens Jill and Erykah? Yes please!

7. Danielle Barker June 21, 2018 at 2:01 pm #

A tribute to Erykah Badu and Jill Scott, I’m in!! I’ve seen the Othership Connection live a few times (and they are always groovin’)… but this time is different because they’ll be accompanied by very talented vocalist. This will be a special night of music, no doubt.
    Saeeda Wright has the voice of a soulful goddess. Michalangela, what an angelic sound! Anddd last but not least Ms. Arietta such a Fireball with the voice to match. Cant wait to see them all this Saturday with my plus one ;)

8. Drew June 21, 2018 at 4:42 pm #

I would love to take my girl to this! Thnx for the opportunity! Peace!