Ride Free on New Year’s Eve w/ Trimet!
Related Portland Events & Info
- December 31: Downtown Portland New Year’s Eve Governor’s Ball – 24 Karat Funk and Blues Party w/ Billboard Charting Patrick Lamb & Blues Legend Curtis Salgado | + Tribute to Earth Wind and Fire
- December 31: Ring in 2018 at Portland’s Most Famous New Year’s Eve Party Champagne Ball in Downtown! | 17 Bars, 3 Dance Floors, Black Tie, Toast & Count
- December 31: Celebrate 2018 w/ Pix Patisserie’s New Year’s Eve Extravaganza Chocolate Buffet | Mousse, Cake, Meringue, Beer & More!
- December 31: Midnite New Year’s Eve @ Pure Space in Portland’s Pearl District | Featuring SKAM Artist DJs Fergie DJ, DJ Christyle, Light Show, Projection Clock & More! (Win Tickets, $1,500+)
- December 31: DJ Anjali & The Incredible Kid’s 2018 New Year’s Eve Dance Party Extravaganza @ Melody Ballroom | w/ Orquestra Pacifico Tropical, Savila & Dholi (Win Tickets, $80)
From our sponsors:
Celebrate Safely With TriMet
December 31, 2017
8 p.m. | More info: trimet.org
TriMet buses, MAX and Portland Streetcar service is free after 8 p.m. on New Year’s Eve (Sunday, December 31), so you can get to the celebration — and home again — the safe and smart way!
MAX will provide extended late-night service until about 3 a.m. Buses and Portland Streetcar will run on regular Sunday schedules.
Extended late-night MAX service
MAX Blue, Green, Orange and Yellow lines will run on Sunday schedules with extended service running approximately every 30–35 minutes until about 3 a.m. MAX Red Line will run on Sunday schedule with extended late-night shuttle bus service to Portland International Airport.
Note: If you’re planning your trip in advance, be sure to select January 1 for trips after midnight.
SERVICE ON NEW YEAR’S DAY
On New Year’s Day, buses and MAX trains will run on Sunday schedules. Portland Streetcar will also run on Sunday schedule and WES Commuter Rail will not be in service.
Our 503-238-RIDE Customer Service office and our Ticket Office at Pioneer Courthouse Square will be closed. Our online Trip Planner and TransitTracker will be updated to reflect these holiday schedules.
Buses will run on Sunday schedules. Service may be less frequent, and bus lines that do not normally run on Sundays will not be in service.
MAX trains will run on Sunday schedules. Service may be less frequent.
WES will not be in service.
Portland Streetcar will run on Sunday schedule.
Our Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here