From our sponsors:
Tony’s AM Gold Seventies Soft Rockin’ New Years Eve
December 31, 2017
$35-$79 | 21+
7:30 – 9:10 PM Dinner Show
10:30 PM – 12:40 AM Dessert and Dancing Show
More info: tonystarlight.com
Tony Starlight Showroom
1125 SE Madison, Suite 103G, Portland, Oregon 97214
Why Seventies Soft Rock?
“The radio was the soundtrack to the 1970s, the era in which I grew up. Not every radio had FM capabilities, especially in cars. The AM dial was played in stores and restaurants and in the Country Squire Station Wagon that I rode in, sans seat belts. I absorbed these songs and they are a part of me. A few lines of ‘Rocket Man’ and I’m taken back to a time of polyester, bell bottoms and Evel Knievel.”
“We are always shocked at how the audience seems to know all the words to every song in our playlist. To hear the crowd sing “even though we ain’t got money, I’m so in love with you honey” or “give me the beat boys and free my soul, I wanna get lost in your Rock n’ Roll and drift away” is magical. It’s like a big campfire sing-along, K-Tel style!” -Tony Starlight
What started as a monthly Neil Diamond Tribute has grown into a soft rock explosion! Tony Starlight makes an evening out of performing songs from the stalwarts of the AM dial in the 1970s. Artists like Elton John, Neil Diamond, Carol King, Jim Croce, Little River Band, Carly Simon, Gordon Lightfoot, Paul Simon, Barry Manilow and Billy Joel. One hit wonders like “Brandy (You’re A Fine Girl)”, “Dancin’ In The Moonlight”, “Welcome Back”, “Seasons In The Sun” and much, much more.
- Tony Starlight: Vocals and Acoustic Guitar
- Craig Bidondo: Pianist
- Bo Ayars: Keyboards
- Micah Hummel: Drums
- Dennis Caiazza: Bass
- Barbara Ayars: Vocals
- Nick O’Donnell: Electric Guitar
Sean Chiles: Lighting director
Joni DeRouchie: Sound and video
7:30 PM Dinner Show:
- This show will run from 7:30 to 9:10 PM without an intermission. Then we would need you to vacate the room so that we can set up for the later show.
- Premier Dinner & Show $79 (includes champagne toast and private table close to stage)
- Standard Dinner & Show $69
- General Admission Reserved $35 (Bar height seating close to stage, small plate menu available, $10 minimum)
- General Admission Show Only $35 (Bar height seating, small plate menu available, $10 minimum)
10:30 PM Dessert & Dancing Show:
- Doors open at 10:00 PM. Bar menu is available to all patrons attending the 10:30 show. This show will run from 10:30 PM until 12:40 AM without an intermission.
- Premier Seating $55 (Includes dessert, champagne toast and private table close to stage and dance floor, limited small plate menu available, $10 food or beverage minimum)
- Standard Seating $45 (Includes dessert, limited small plate menu available, $10 food or beverage minimum)
- Bar Seating General Admission $35 (Bar height seating, limited small plate menu available, $10 food or beverage minimum)