Photo: Peacock Lane Pedestrian Night
Photo by npGREENWAY
The holiday season is here, and residents of Southeast Portland’s Peacock Lane are once again planning their legendary light displays. Pedestrian Only Nights are December 15, 16 & 17.
Related Portland Holiday Events and Info:
- Calendar: Portland Holiday Events: Bazaars, Shopping, Christmas, Local Markets
- Festibus: Portland Short Bus FestiBus Holiday / Christmas Lights Tour | Peacock Lane, Crale House, Gift Exchange (Dec 16-17, 21, 23, 29-30)
- Win Tickets ($20): 80s Video Dance Attack Holiday Party @ Portland’s Crystal Ballroom | Festive Decor, Classic Holiday Videos, All-Era Dance Mix (December 15)
- Win Tickets ($36): All Classical Portland presents Mark O’Connor’s 2017 An Appalachian Christmas @ Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall | Grammy Award Winning Violinist, Portland Holiday Music (December 22)
- Win Gift Card! ($35): Support Local Products & Your Community w/ LOCAL’d | Home Delivery, Supporting Local Charities
- December 31: Portland New Years Events, Parties, Champagne Toasts, & More
Peacock LN, Portland, OR 97214
More info: Facebook
The holiday season is approaching, and residents of Southeast Portland’s Peacock Lane are once again planning their legendary light displays. One of Portland’s most beloved holiday traditions, Peacock Lane residents have been decking out their homes for decades.
As always, Peacock Lane does not charge an admission fee to view the lights, and asks that groups and individuals help keep the event commercial-free by not distributing flyers or soliciting for sales or donations.
- Lights on December 15th-31st 6-11pm (midnight on Dec 24th and 31st)
- PEDESTRIANS ONLY: December 15-17
In the event of additional, unplanned closures by Portland Police due to large crowds, updates will be posted to Twitter, Facebook, and peacocklane.net pages. Those who must see the lights from a car are encouraged to check online before visiting.
There’s no charge for hot cocoa or hot cider. We always welcome donations in the booth (it helps us pay to have the cocoa and cider made), but there’s no required payment. A portion of proceeds from the cocoa booth will be donated to a local charity each year. For 2017, Peacock Lane neighbors have voted to make our annual donation to Meals on Wheels.
The cocoa booth opens at 6pm every night from Dec 15-24, and closes when/if we run out. Cocoa tends to run out quickly if the weather is nice. Get here as early as you can if you’d like to enjoy the cocoa/cider. Visitors are welcome to bring their own reusable cups for cocoa and cider.
Transportation and Parking
Traffic can become quite heavy in the area during the lights season. Visitors to Peacock Lane are encouraged to view the lights by foot, if possible, for the best experience. Utilize free street parking several blocks away (do not park in Walgreens lot) or public transportation (TriMet buses 15, 75, and 20 have stops within a block; http://trimet.org/go/cgi-bin/
Connect With Peacock Lane
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/
- Web site: http://www.peacocklane.net
Our Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here