Weekend plans? If you’re tired of the crowds at Oregon’s most famous waterfall, check out this replica of Multnomah Falls, made from 80,000 Lego bricks. Or perhaps you can make like Cheech and Chong and follow this guide for the Ultimate Cannabis Roadtrip through Oregon.
If you think the beef between Oregon and California is a recent thing, you’d be wrong! The Oregonian tells the tale of an epic 1940s feud between a Portland glamazon swimmer and her California rival. If that’s not hot enough for you, get 25 answers to your burning questions about the impending solar eclipse.
Here’s a roundup of the goings-on in Portland this week:
- KATU: Would you use a ferry for your daily commute to and from Portland?
- Leafly: The Ultimate Cannabis Roadtrip Through Oregon
- Curbed: Everything you need to read about Frances Gabe, self-cleaning house inventor
- Oregonian: The 1940s feud between a Portland glamour girl and her California rival that enthralled the swimming world
- KGW: 25 burning questions about solar eclipses, answered
- Koin: Man recreates Multnomah Falls using 80K Legos