Photo: Peacock Lane Pedestrian Night
Photo by npGREENWAY
The holiday season is here, and residents of Southeast Portland’s Peacock Lane are once again planning their legendary light displays. Pedestrian Only Nights are December 15, 16 & 18.
Related Portland Holiday Events and Info:
- Calendar: Portland Holiday Events: Bazaars, Shopping, Christmas, Local Markets
- FestiBus: FestiBus Portland Holiday / Christmas Lights Bus Tour w/ Portland Short Bus | Peacock Lane, Crale House, Gift Exchange (Dec 15-29)
- Treats: Holiday Treats @ Pix Patisserie | Holiday Tea, Bûche de Noël, New Year’s Eve Chocolate Buffet, Champagne Toast
- Escape: Unravel the Wizard’s Secrets of Alchemy to Escape The Wizard’s Lair Before it’s Too Late w/ Escapism Portland’s Newest Room!
- Gift Box: Give Something Uniquely Portland With Love From PDX Gift Boxes | 2016 Holiday / Christmas Gift Ideas, Bitters, Cookies, Chocolate, Drinkware & More!
- December 31: Portland New Years Events, Parties, Champagne Toasts, & More
Peacock LN, Portland, OR 97214
More info: Facebook
The holiday season is approaching, and residents of Southeast Portland’s Peacock Lane are once again planning their legendary light displays. One of Portland’s most beloved holiday traditions, Peacock Lane residents have been decking out their homes for decades.
As always, Peacock Lane does not charge an admission fee to view the lights, and asks that groups and individuals help keep the event commercial-free by not distributing flyers or soliciting for sales or donations.
- Lights on December 15th-31st 6-11pm (midnight on Dec 24th and 31st)
- PEDESTRIANS ONLY: December 15-17
In the event of additional, unplanned closures by Portland Police due to large crowds, updates will be posted to Twitter, Facebook, and peacocklane.net pages. Those who must see the lights from a car are encouraged to check online before visiting.
Free Cocoa and Cider
6pm until sold out, Dec 15th-24th
Cash donations will benefit the Architectural Heritage Center
to support Peacock Lane’s application for National Historic District Designation
Transportation and Parking
Traffic can become quite heavy in the area during the lights season. Visitors to Peacock Lane are encouraged to view the lights by foot, if possible, for the best experience. Utilize free street parking several blocks away (do not park in Walgreens lot) or public transportation (TriMet buses 15, 75, and 20 have stops within a block; http://trimet.org/go/cgi-bin/
Connect With Peacock Lane
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/
- Web site: http://www.peacocklane.net
Our Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here