You don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here! An Oregon woman called the cops on a man who wouldn’t stop whistling “Closing Time” near her house.
An app recently launched that hopes to take the cash out of the cannabis industry. CanPay accepts payments that go directly into the bank accounts of the business.
Starbucks is OK for coffee but stick to your GPS for how to get around. The coffee giant somehow confused Multnomah Falls for Klamath Falls.
And the Blues Brothers were born in Eugene at the taping of Animal House.
Here’s a roundup of the goings-on in Portland this week:
- Portland Tribune: Study: Portland not growing all that fast
- Portland Business Journal: A new app arrives to help Oregon marijuana businesses, banks handle payments
- Willamette Week: How a Little-Known Soul Man Created the Blues Brothers with a Toga Party in Eugene, Oregon
- Portland Beer Festival: Holiday Ale Festival 101 and 2016 Preview with Preston Weesner Episode 13 Portland Beer Podcast
- Portland Business Journal: Federal government to study a cornerstone of Oregon’s economy
Get Portland News delivered every Thursday! Subscribe to our newsletter here.