We are giving away a pair of tickets to Pink Lady Presents The Cat’s Meow feat. Johnny Nuriel, Dee Dee Pepper, Hyacinth Lee, Portland Rhythm Shakers @ The Secret Society on October 14. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Friday, October 14.

The Cat's MeowPink Lady Presents The Cat’s Meow feat. Johnny Nuriel, Dee Dee Pepper, Hyacinth Lee, Portland Rhythm Shakers
October 14, 2016
Doors: 8:30 pm / Show: 9 pm | $12 ADV, $15 Doors | 21+
More info: secretsociety.net

The Secret Society
116 NE Russell St, Portland, Oregon 97212

The Cat’s Meow
Step back in time and into a Speakeasy where you can drink, dance and enjoy live variety entertainment & classic burlesque all to the live music of Pink Lady & John Bennett Jazz Band!

Johnny Nuriel
Johnny Nuriel is a powerfully androgynous and versatile performer known for his signature fusion of fire, object manipulation, burlesque, belly dance, aerial, and LED performance. He is a dynamic mover, uniting these multiple disciplines to create unique and vibrant performances.

One thing you may not know about Johnny Nuriel is that he is a seasoned vocalist with a background in musical theater and opera.

Johnny draws on his natural blend of Masculine and Feminine to create his stage aesthetic, delivering shocking visuals through the use of elaborate costumes, veils, masks, and dramatic stage makeup. He is the co-producer of the hit monthly show, Boyeurism, a show that delivers its audience a dazzling array of drag, circus, burlesque, and live vocal performances showcasing a diverse range of masculinity. Johnny performs with the Caravan of Glam, a travelling queer cabaret troupe that performs throughout the United States. You can also catch Johnny Performing Fire at Dante’s as part of SINFERNO.

Dee Pepper
Bio: “Dee Dee Pepper was raised in the feral Oregon wilderness. Her life-long love of theatre, glamour, scary movies, and absurd humor gives her a weird and wonderful role in the burlesque world. Look for performances and shows created by Pepper & Bones Presents, the production team Dee Dee runs with partner Wanda Bones.”

Hyacinth Lee
Beginning as Portland’s hardest working stage kitten for Orchestre L’Pow made burlesque to live music as something that has a very special place in her heart. She has performed all over the Pacific Northwest and Bay Area and also had appearances at the Colorado Burlesque Festival and at the Oregon Burlesque Festival. She utilizes natural rhythm, humor, and charisma to entertain… Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce to you the fabulous Miss Hyacinth Lee!

The Portland Rhythm Shakers
These darling, delightful, dazzling & talented ladies are Pink Lady & John Bennett Jazz Band’s sweet little partners in crime! They are perfect embodiment of vintage jazz dancers and they make each The Cat’s Meow! complete. Get ready to be impressed & to fall in love with them, if you haven’t fallen already!

Pink Lady & John Bennett Jazz Band
Pink Lady, who is the perfect combination of a sweet flapper and sultry siren, performs & sings the songs of the Prohibition Era in this combo which includes rag time piano jockey John Bennett, vintage arch top guitarist Steve Boden, Wayne Travillion on trombone, Will Amend on Double Bass and Joe Haegele on Drums. Together they have been playing that corruptive hot jazz for over 100 years!

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

18 Responses to Win Tickets ($30): Pink Lady Presents The Cat’s Meow feat. Johnny Nuriel, Dee Dee Pepper, Hyacinth Lee, Portland Rhythm Shakers @ The Secret Society | Drag, Burlesque, Live Music & More!

1. Nadine October 10, 2016 at 1:09 pm #

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen an art performance like this. In fact over 30 years ago in Cincinnati Ohio. It would be wonderful to be able to see The Cats Meow.

Look forward to passing this post to the rest of my Portland gang.

Nadine

2. David Rottenberg October 10, 2016 at 5:37 pm #

WoW! This Looks SO fun! I can’t believe nobody has commented on this yet!

3. Amber Hutchins October 10, 2016 at 5:40 pm #

Drag, Burlesque at the Secret Society?!?!? What could be better!? I’ve heard such great things about the secret society but I haven’t been yet!

4. Nicole Hunt October 11, 2016 at 12:16 pm #

The Secret Society is one of my FAVORITE places in Portland. Chill people, doors that open 10 feet in the air, and champagne with lavender syrup and cherries. Mmmmm. Add some jazz and burlesque and I’m sure I’ll be able to hear the spirits whispering behind the red velvet curtains. This would be a fun night and I would LOVE to go.

5. lauren scher October 11, 2016 at 12:16 pm #

This sounds so fun and my Friday plans just fell through!

6. Benjamin Balzer October 11, 2016 at 12:17 pm #

A top-notch burlesque show at Secret Society on my birthday?!
    Wow, I never knew y’all cared so much! ;) That would be simply divine and I’d be honored, of course. Yes, thank you.

7. Barbara Kongsbak October 11, 2016 at 12:57 pm #

a) I havent’ been tothe Secret Society yet
    b) I need to get out of the house as I a miss my cat’s meow – she passed last week
    c) I could suprise my sister for her birthday with this
    d) it just sounds really intriguing and I am always up to try something new
    e) one can never enjoy too much art of any kind!

8. Rachel October 11, 2016 at 8:18 pm #

We’d love to check this out!

9. Rachel October 12, 2016 at 8:24 pm #

This looks so entertaining and fun! I’ll be in town visiting for the weekend for the first time (flying in from Kansas City, MO), and this looks right up my alley. I was just telling me friend I’d love to see a burlesque show and then stumbled across this. #Fate

10. William J Stewart October 13, 2016 at 3:14 pm #

FUN!!

11. Judy October 13, 2016 at 3:37 pm #

I would love the feel of a Speakeasy where I can drink, dance and have a blast listening to the very talented, PINK LADY and Jazz by to the live music of John Bennett Jazz Band!

12. Dave G. October 13, 2016 at 4:58 pm #

I may not know art….but I know what I like!

13. Jasmine October 13, 2016 at 5:46 pm #

speak easy vibes on a stormy night are everything I want and need!

14. panda October 13, 2016 at 11:23 pm #

goes swell with a sidecar

15. Katie October 14, 2016 at 12:34 am #

You had me at “burlesque”!

16. Shasha Andrews October 14, 2016 at 9:45 am #

Oooooh! This sounds like a grand way to enjoy a Friday Evening! Sign me up, please!

17. Monique October 14, 2016 at 10:00 am #

I’d love to show my boyfriend vising from Canada a great time tonight!

18. Valerie Thompson October 17, 2016 at 4:04 pm #

This sounds like a great way to usher in the Halloween season!! It should be fun times!