There are more than 50 galleries having openings this month, with most openings taking place in the Pearl district and Old Town/China Town. Most gallery openings begin at 5PM or 6PM and end at 9PM or 10PM.
We have a very large list below thanks to Sequential Art Gallery (328 NW Broadway). They compile an email called the “[h]IT LIST” of events every month. You can join it by emailing them @ sequentialart @ gmail dot com. We have reproduced much of it below with permission.
Related Portland Events & Info:
- First Thursday: Fresh Thursdays @ Portland’s Pearl District w/ Bluehour | First Thursdays, No Cover, Featuring DJ LeMove, Drinks, Food (Oct 6)
- Win Beer Flight: Fresh Hops Beer Flights are Now Available @ Hawthorne Hophouse & 15th Avenue Hophouse!
- Win Tickets ($70): The Clark County ScareGrounds Haunted Attraction | Featuring 4 Haunted Houses, Scream Parlor, Midway & Exhibits & More!
- Win Tickets ($50): Grammy Winner Jerry Douglas Band @ Revolution Hall | Bluegrass, Country (Oct 7)
- Win Tickets ($24): The Minus 5 & The Minders Dual Album Release Party! @ The Secret Society | Indie Pop (Oct 7)
Everett Station Lofts
625 NW Everett & 328 NW Broadway
Old Town Chinatown
- COMPOUND [107 NW 5th Ave] – Open First Thursday
- DUPLEX [219 NW Couch] -“By/Products” group show, curated by S/PL/IT
- FIFTY24PDX/ UPPER PLAYGROUND [23 NW 5th] -“Hunter’s Moon” by Grady Gordon and Tina Lugo
- FLOATING WORLD COMICS [400 NW Couch] – “Floodgate Companion” artwork and book release, by Robert Beatty
- HELLION [19 NW 5th] – Open First Thursday
- OREGON NIKKEI LEGACY CENTER [121 NW 2nd] – Open First Thursday
- TRIM/VOJDANI GALLERY at P:EAR [338 NW 6th Ave] -“Toys in the Attic”, featuring the art of Katy Bisby, Roxanne Patruznick and p:ear youth artists.
- STICKS & STONES [427 NW 6th] – Website Down
- ANNIE MEYER ARTWORK[120NW 9th] – Open FirstThursday
- AUGEN NW [716 NW Davis] – Work by Rita Robillard and Leonard Ruder
- BASIL HALLWARD GALLERY @ POWELL’S [1005 W. Burnside] – “Glass Cathedrals: The Traveling Bookbox Show features an unusual touring exhibition of book-themed shadowboxes, by Lisa Swerling.
- BLACKFISH [420 NW 9th Ave] – “Cosmic Leaves” by Kanetaka Ikeda; “Hold” by Sarah Fagan
BLUE SKY [122 NW 8th Ave] – Photography by Birte Kaufmann and Rich Rollins
BRYN FORBES GALLERY [1102 NW Marshall] – Open First Thursday
BULLSEYE [300 NW 13th Ave] – “Surface and Atmosphere” group show
CAPLAN ART DESIGNS [1326 NW 16th Ave] – Monotypes by April Richardson
CHARLES A HARTMAN FINE ART [134 NW 8th Ave] – “Our National Parks” by Ansel Adams
ELIZABETH LEACH [417 NW 9th Ave] – “Ground Effects” by Malia Jensen; “The Fall” by Matthew Picton
FROELICK [714 NW Davis] – “The Ranger Describes the Lake” by Gabriel Liston; “Constellations are Made of Stories” by Lli Wilburn; “Things You Know But Cannot Explain” by Rick Bartow
GALLERY 903 [903 NW Davis St.] -New Works by Gallery Artists
HAP GALLERY [916 NE Flanders St.] – “Everything Real” group show
J. PEPIN ART GALLERY [319 NW 9th] – “Transcendent Perception” by Paulette Insall
LAURA RUSSO [805 NW 21st] – “30 Years” group show featuring new work by Gallery Artists
LARA SYDNEY [1230 NW Hoyt St.] – featuring work by Robert Bissell
OPEN GALLERY [323 NW 6th] – Open First Thursday
PDX CONTEMPORARY [925 NW Flanders] – “Ledger of Days” by James Lavadour
PEARL GALLERY & FRAMING[2250 NW 22nd] “Ghosts, Ghouls, & Otherworldly Things” group show, with live Cuban music
SCHAFFER FINE ART GALLERY [1991 NW Upshur St.] – Open First Thursday
UPFOR [929 NW Flanders] – “The Soul of Black Art” curated by John Goodwin
WATERSTONE [124 NW 9th] – “A Perfectly Ordinary Light” by Martha Pfanschmidt
WHITE SPACE GALLERY [1439 NW Marshall St.]- Collaborative paintings by Sam Roloff and Shawn Webber
- FOURTEEN30 CONTEMPORARY [1501 SW Market] – Work by Jesse Sugarmann
- POND GALLERY [920 W. Burnside] – Open First Thursday
- PORTLAND ART MUSEUM [1219 SW Park] – “Spiritual Pop” by Corita Kent and “Freedom by Josh Kline
- PORTLAND’5 CENTERS for the ARTS [1111 SW Broadway] – Open First Thursday
- SCANDALS [1125 SW Stark] – Artwork by Mike Trapp
Our new Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here