We are giving away a pair of tickets to Annual Handmade Bike & Beer Festival @ The North Warehouse on October 7 & 8. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Friday, October 7.
From our sponsors:
Annual Handmade Bike & Beer Festival
October 7 & 8, 2016
Friday 5-9 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m.- 8 p.m. | $10 ADV, $20 ADV For Bike & Beer | 21+
The North Warehouse
723 N Tillamook St., Portland
The Handmade Bike & Beer Festival brings together two of Portland’s favorite passions in one artisan event. The ninth annual festival will take place Oct. 7 and 8 at The North Warehouse, 723 N Tillamook St. Hours are 5pm to 9pm on Friday and 10am to 8pm on Saturday.
Presented by Point West Credit Union, the family-friendly Handmade Bike & Beer Festival features more than 20 renowned bike frame and parts builders alongside six local craft brewers, with each artist showcasing their handmade creation.
Advance tickets cost $10 for entry to the bike festival; or $20 for entry to the bike show, a tasting glass and 10 drink tickets. Tickets are available at http://www.merctickets.com/
Five major beer sponsors will each pour four beers: Baerlic Brewing Co., Base Camp Brewing Co., Hopworks Urban Brewery, Pyramid Brewing Co. and Widmer Brothers Brewing. A sixth beer sponsor, Falling Sky Brewing, will serve two beers. View the complete beer list at www.oregoncraftbeer.org/hbbf (also pasted in at the end of this release); and the exhibitor list at www.oregonframebuilders.org/
Attendees are encouraged to ride their bike to the event, with complimentary outside bike parking, or take public transportation; the TriMet Bus Line 35 stops one block away and the Yellow Max Line stops two and three blocks away. Parking is available on the street between Broadway and N. Graham St. The festival asks that attendees DO NOT don’t park in front of any neighboring businesses with no parking signs.
The ninth annual Handmade Bike and Beer Festival is a collaboration between the Oregon Bicycle Constructors Association, a non-profit organization whose sole purpose is to promote Oregon based bicycle framebuilders; and the Oregon Brewers Guild, a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote the state’s craft brewing industry and the common interests of its members.
- Baerlic Brewing Co: Cavalier Classic Cream Ale
- Baerlic Brewing Co: Invincible IPA
- Baerlic Brewing Co: Noble Oatmeal Stout
- Baerlic Brewing Co: River Baer Rye Lager
- Base Camp Brewing Co (collaboration with Metrofiets): Fresh Hop Bretta Livin’
- Base Camp Brewing Co (collaboration with Water Avenue Coffee): Cascara Wit
- Base Camp Brewing Co: Crusher
- Base Camp Brewing Co: Peach Nomadic Double IPA
- Falling Sky Brewing: Blue Balloons Belgian Pale
- Falling Sky Brewing: Chester Copperpot ESB
- Hopworks Urban Brewery: Gear Up IPA
- Hopworks Urban Brewery: Holden Caulfield
- Hopworks Urban Brewery: Massive Peach
- Hopworks Urban Brewery: Pack Life
- Pyramid Brewing Co: 1977 Lager
- Pyramid Brewing Co: Apricot Ale
- Pyramid Brewing Co: Pyramid Pale
- Pyramid Brewing Co: Snow Cap Winter Ale
- Widmer Brothers Brewing: BRRR Hoppy Red Ale
- Widmer Brothers Brewing: PDX Pils Northern German Pilsner
- Widmer Brothers Brewing: Skinny Jeans Light Pale Ale
- Widmer Brothers Brewing: Steel Bridge Porter Robust Porter
Handmade Bike & Beer Festival needs volunteers.
Volunteers receive a t-shirt and a glass and a scrip for $5 towards food.
Friday evening volunteers, Saturday 9:45am and Saturday 1:15pm Shift volunteers will receive 10 drink tickets and Saturday admission.
Volunteers on the Saturday 4:00pm shift can sample the beers plus get 2-$20 credits good for a future OBG event or Merchandise.
Each closing shift will also be able to fill a quart beer of their choice to take away after their shift is over in addition to sampling the beers afterwards.
An OLCC Servers Permit is not required to participate as a volunteer server at this event.
Volunteer shifts are:
- Friday 4:45 PM – 9:00 PM
- Saturday 9:45 AM – 1:30 PM
- Saturday 1:15 PM – 4:15 PM
- Saturday 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Shifts are removed from the Shift Selection box when all positions on the shift have been filled.
Penalties for minors and Visibly Intoxicated Persons (VIPs)
Providing alcohol to a minor or a VIP will result in criminal penalties up to and including a $1,000 fine and 30 days in jail.
“What Every Volunteer Alcohol Server Needs To Know”