The 2016 Labor Day Weekend is this weekend, September 2-5. There are many great Portland and Oregon events all weekend including watching the Vaux’s Swifts Watch @ Chapman School. As always, we have a large list of events and tips for you to enjoy the city or travel.
Related Portland Evens & Info
- Win Tickets ($60): Explosions in the Sky @ Crystal Ballroom | Two Nights, 2016 Portland Labor Day Weekend, Instrumental Rock, w/ Preoccupations (September 1 & 2)
- Win Tickets ($50): Jake Shimabukuro @ Revolution Hall | Ukulele Virtuoso & Composer, Jazz, Blues, Funk, Rock (September 6)
- Win Tickets ($90): Joe Walsh, JD & The Straight Shot @ 2016 Oregon Zoo Summer Concerts | Guitarist for The Eagles (September 11)
- Win Weekend Passes ($120): Mount Angel Oktoberfest | Beer, Cider, Wine, Oregon’s Favorite Biergarten, Sausage, Alpenhorns, Car Show, Bavarian Band (September 15-18)
- Labor Day Tips: Portland & Oregon Labor Day Weekend Tips | In & Outside Of PDX
2016 Portland Labor Day Weekend Events:
- All Weekend: Vaux’s Swifts Watch @ Chapman School Info, Pictures & Video
- All Weekend: Level Up @ Portland’s QuarterWorld Arcade! | All Ages, Full Bar, Pizza, 90+ Classic & New Arcade Games, Tesla Coil & More!
- All Weekend: Through Rhoda’s Eyes Art & History Exhibit @ Pittock Mansion
- All Weekend: Blackbird Pizza has Late Night Delivery in Portland! | Beer, Vegan & Gluten Free Pizzas, Wine
- All Weekend: Art in the Garden @ The Oregon Garden | Featuring 10 Outdoor Installations
- All Weekend: “Heart of the Gorge” Exploration w/ Portland Spirit | Beautiful City Views, Go Through Bonneville Locks, Optional 45 Mile Bike Excursion Along Historic Highway
- All Weekend: Discover Portland’s Hidden Mysteries w/ Urban Adventure Quest’s Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure! (Win Tickets, $49)
- All Month: Portland Summertime Picnic Baskets @ Pix Patisserie | Plan A Picnic & Let Them Do The Packing, Conservas, Tapas, Wine, Beer, Cider
- All Weekend: Portland Trivia Nights With Shanrock’s Triviology All Over Portland – Fun & Free, Prizes!
- All Weekend: Portland Trivia Nights With Geeks Who Drink | Great Hosts + Fun Questions + Cold Beer
- All Weekend: Le Bon Vivant Happy Hour + Tapas Tuesday @ Bar Vivant | Free Tapas, Drink Specials, Wine Discounts, All Night Happy Hour Tuesdays
- All Weekend: Free Fitness in the Parks | Schedule, Info, Cardio, Yoga, Zumba, Family Fitness & More!
- September 1: The Lowest Pair @ The Old Church | The Minor Key Concert Series featuring Kendl Winter & Palmer T. Lee
- September 1: Oregon Symphony Concert @ Waterfront Park | FREE, Fireworks, Cannons, 20,000+ People
- September 1: Minnesota Golden Gophers vs Oregon State Beavers | Where to Watch in Portland | Food + Drink Specials
- September 1: Portland Thursday Trivia Nights: Prizes, Specials, All Over Town
- September 1: Le Bon Vivant Happy Hour + Tapas Thursday @ Bar Vivant | Free Tapas, Drink Specials, Wine Discounts, All Night Happy Hour Thursdays
- September 1: First Thursdays @ Portland’s Pearl District w/ Bluehour | No Cover, Featuring DJ LeMove, Drinks, Food
- September 1: Ten Toe Express Walks Featuring Garthwick & Sellwood Bridge | Explore Portland on Foot w/ 16 Guided Urban Hikes
- September 1-2: Mortified Portland @ Alberta Rose Theatre | Adults Share Their Most Mortifying Childhood Artifacts Including Diaries, Letters & More!
- September 1 & 2: Explosions in the Sky @ Crystal Ballroom | Instrumental Rock, w/ Preoccupations (Win Tickets, $60)
- September 2: NEEDTOBREATHE presents TOUR DE COMPADRES @ Oregon Zoo Summer Concerts | w/ Mat Kearney, John Mark McMillan, Welshly Arms
- September 2: Portland Spirit Friday Early Escape Cruises | Featuring Live Music w/ Corner, Beer, Food, River Cruise
- September 2: Go Back in Time on Portland Spirit Totally 90s Dance Cruise! | Costumes, DJ Skippy
- September 2: Chris Jones and The Night Drivers @ St. David of Wales Church | Winners of 8 IBMA Awards, Bluegrass Masters
- September 2: Free Admission Days @ Portland Children’s Museum | 4-8 p.m., Every First Friday
- September 2-3: Stranded @ Funhouse Lounge | What Happens If Castaways on Gilligan’s Island Were on The Island From Lost?
- September 2-3: FREE Fridays & Saturdays @ Downtown Portland’s Barrel Room Dueling Piano Show Bar & Dinner Show | w/ Nathan Temby & Steven Ramirez
- September 2 & 3: Farm to Plate Dinners @ Kruger’s Farm on Portland’s Sauvie Island | Sustainable & Fresh Ingredients, Family Style Dinners Under The Oak Tree
- September 2-4: Mike Epps @ Helium Comedy Club | “Next Friday,” “The Hangover”
- September 3: Josh Garrels @ Revolution Hall | Folk (Win Tickets, $50)
- September 3: Get on Up @ The Goodfoot | 40 Years of Funk Re-mixed and Re-imagined w/ Takimba and Friends (Win Tickets)
- September 3: UC Davis Aggies @ Oregon Ducks | Where to Watch in Portland | Food + Drink Specials
- September 3: Portland Storytellers’ Guild 2016 STORYTHON! @ Hipbone Studio | 14 Tellers w/ 5 Minutes Each
- September 3: The Waysiders, Medallion, Nathan Earle @ The Secret Society | Classic Country, Swing, Western (Win Tickets)
- September 3: George Winston @ Aladdin Theater | Rural Folk Piano (Win Tickets, $36)
- September 3: Chris Isaak: First Comes The Night Tour @ Maryhill Winery Summer Concerts 2016 | Rock & Roll
- September 3: Radical 80s Dance Cruise Every Saturday on Portland Spirit | Costumes, DJ MC, Group Discount
- September 3: Portland Saturday Trivia Nights: Prizes, Specials, All Over Town
- September 3 & 4: Hop on the PDX Urban Wine Tour w/ Portland Short Bus Over 2016 Labor Day Weekend! | Complimentary Tastings, Visit 3 Wineries, Tunes, Guide
- September 3-4: The Pullman Table @ Mt. Hood Railway | Fine Dining Service, Local Food, Wine, Beer, Spirits
- September 3-5: Labor Day Weekend Wine Tasting @ Hip Chicks Do Wine | Experience Wine Country Without The Drive! Featuring Frosé Samples
- September 4: Slo Jam Sundays + All Day Happy Hour @ Swift Lounge | Discounts on Food & Drink, Music
- September 4: Jans Ingber & Friends @ The Goodfoot | Funk Fellowship (Win Tickets)
- September 4: Control Yourself: A Showcase of Funny @ Portland’s Alberta Street Pub | FREE, Every Sunday, Featuring Up & Coming Comics
- September 4-5: New England Clambake @ Thirst Bistro | Fresh Maine Lobsters, Steamed Clams & Mussels
- September 5: Labor Day Brunch @East Burn | Mimosas, Bloody Marys, Food Specials (more info)
- September 5: Legendary Mondays @ Swift Lounge | Free Dance Night, Celebrating Sexual Expression, w/ Bart Fitzgerald
- September 5: It’s Gonna Be Okay @ The Eastburn | FREE, Stand up Comedy, Hosted by Barbara Holm, Skeeball, Prizes
- September 5: Labor Day Brunch @ EastBurn | $2 Mimosa Refills, Build Your Own Bloody Marys, Food Specials
- September 5: Portland Monday Trivia Nights: Prizes, Specials, All Over Town
- September 5: Baby Ketten Karaoke @ NE Portland’s Alberta St. Pub | Free, Monday Nights, Light Show & Fog Machine, 21 Rotating Taps, Drinks, Patio
Our Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland Events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town. We have also added live happy hours, concert schedules and movies times to help you plan a fun night out in Portland!
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here