Original Practice Shakespeare Fest is dedicated to bringing a new style of Shakespearean performance to Portland, and the surrounding area, by reviving the old. Their actors perform using the same performance techniques as they did in Shakespeare’s own time, which means limited rehearsal; an onstage prompter; fast-paced, energetic acting; and lots of audience interaction!
Related Portland Events and Info:
- Wednesdays: 2016 Portland Caravan Campfires- Songs & S’mores @ The Tiny House Hotel | 7-10 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Portland 2016 Outdoor Summer Movies @ Pix Patisserie’s Courtyard Beer Garden | Beer & Cider, Free Popcorn, All Summer
- Win Quest ($49): Discover Portland’s Hidden Mysteries w/ Urban Adventure Quest’s Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure!
- Win Tickets ($90): Help A World Famous Magician Escape the Gallows in Escapism Portland’s Newest Room: Magician’s Menagerie | Now For Up for 12 People!
- Win Tickets ($20): Through Rhoda’s Eyes Art & History Exhibit @ Pittock Mansion
- Win Tickets ($40): Bag&Baggage Presents Shakespeare’s Coriolanus @ Civic Center Plaza | Outdoor Summer Theater Featuring an All Female Cast, 1749 Adaptation (July 7-9, 14-16, 21-23)
From press release:
May – August, 2016
Free | All Ages | More info: ops fest.org
OPS Fest is dedicated to bringing a new style of Shakespearean performance to the Portland area by reviving the old.
First Folio editions of Shakespeare’s plays include all the cues an actor needs to perform his or her role without rehearsal. This allows the truest reaction to the story as it progresses. OPS Fest performs using the same techniques as they did in Shakespeare’s own time, which means limited rehearsal; an onstage prompter; fast paced, energetic acting; and lots of audience interaction. This lends a much more immediate, organic and improvisational feel to the performances.
July 9: Irving Park, 7PM
July 15: Laurelhurst Park, 7PM
July 29: Director Park, 7PM
August 12: Nehalem Bay, 7PM
July 3:Cathedral Park, 2PM
July 9: Irving Park, 2PM
July 10: Schiffler Park, 6PM
July 16: Laurelhurst Park, 7PM
July 30: Washington Park, 2PM
July 31: Mt. Tabor Park, 2PM
August 5: Marylhurst University
August 6: Esther Short Park, 2PM
August 7: Lents Park, 2PM
August 14: Nehalem Bay, 7PM
As You Like It
July 23: Laurelhurst Park, 2PM
Comedie of Errors
July 16: Laurelhurst Park, 10PM
August 21: Laurelhurst Park, 1PM
A Midsommer Nights Dreame
July 24: Laurelhurst Park, 7PM
The Merry Wives of Windsor
June 26: OUTwright Festival, 2PM
Much Adoe About Nothing
July 16: Laurelhurst Park, 2PM
July 23: Laurelhurst Park, 10PM
July 21: Laurelhurst Park, 7PM
The Tragedie of Richard III
July 14: Laurelhurst Park, 7PM
August 20: Gabriel Park, 7PM, ALL WOMEN
Romeo & Juliet
July 8: Irving Park, 7PM
July 17: Laurelhurst Park, 7PM
The Taming of the Shrew
July 17: Laurelhurst Park, 2PM
Twelfe Night or What You Will
July 23: Laurelhurst Park, 7PM
August 20: Gabriel Park, 2PM, ALL MEN
Our new Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here