We are giving away a pair of tickets to Back Fence PDX Russian Roulette @ Disjecta on July 2. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Friday, July 1 .
From our sponsors:
Back Fence PDX Russian Roulette
July 2, 2016
7 p.m. Doors, 8 p.m. Show | $16-20 ADV, $18 Doors | 21+
More info: backfencepdx.com
8371 N Interstate Ave, Portland, OR 97217
Storytellers for this round include returning crowd favorites:
- Frontman for The Long Winters, Seattle City Council Candidate JOHN RODERICK (SEA)
- Lez Standup Comedian CAITLIN WEIERHAUSER (PDX)
- Author of God Is Disappointed In You and Apocropha Now! MARK RUSSELL (PDX)
- Comedian, Late Night Action’s own ALEX FALCONE (PDX)
Along with first-timers:
- Member of Lez Stand Up DIANE GASPERIN (PDX)
- Drag Persona, Emmy Nominee SASHA SCARLETT aka JOSHUA RYAN (PDX)
- Writer, Musician, Host of Heavy Metal Sewing Circle on XRAY.FM NATHAN CARSON (PDX)
- Created, Hosted, Produced by B. FRAYN MASTERS
- Co-hosted by 4-Time Russian Roulette Winner SHANNON BALCOM GRAVES Music by BOBBY D from XRAY
Naturally, there will be free Saint Cupcakes served at intermission!
How it works: Russian Roulette begins with a full wheel of juicy story prompts. One of the 8 storytellers will be randomly drawn. They spin the wheel to decide the prompt for their story. They can play or pass. If they pass another teller can steal their prompt. Then the risky part…each storyteller has only 5 minutes to come up with a true 5-minute story based on that prompt! It’s like we invented a new game called truth AND dare.
At the end of the night, the audience will select a winner who will receive 50 bucks and some other cool prizes from our sponsors totaling around $200 and, like, bragging rights for life. The winner will be invited to come back to the next show! And a lucky audience member will win over $100 of prizes as well!