We are giving away a pair of tickets to Funhouse Lounge Presents Reefer Madness, The Musical! on June 23 & June 30. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Monday, June 20.
From our sponsors:
Reefer Madness, The Musical
Thursdays – Saturdays June 23-July 23, 2016
7 p.m. | $25 ADV, $30 Doors | 21+
More info: funhouselounge.com
2432 SE 11th Ave. • Portland, OR 97214
Funhouse Lounge presents Reefer Madness, The Musical!
Funhouse Lounge is proud to present Reefer Madness, the Musical. This outrageous musical comedy, based on the 1930s propaganda film, is a gyrating, sticky, THC-fueled blend of music, satire, dance, and debauchery. See what happens when the demon weed known as marijuana turns mild-mannered, God-fearing teens into slaves of their leafy green master. Watch in awe and astonishment as they commit unspeakably hilarious acts of mayhem. Gasp as the dreams of our ill-fated young lovers go up in smoke. Or do they?
The stage show debuted in Los Angeles in 1998, and was later adapted for television. Kevin Murphy, who wrote the lyrics and co-authored the book with Dan Studney (music), won an Emmy for the song “Mary Jane/Mary Lane.”
The lead characters include:
- Average teen-turned-pothead Jimmy Harper, played by Sean Ryan Lamb
- Jimmy’s girlfriend Mary Lane, played by Lydia Fleming
- Reefer Den hostess Mae, played by Mandy Khoshnevisan
- The Lecturer, played by David Silking
- Sally the hussy, played by Landy Hite
- Mae’s boyfriend Jack, played by Platon Hogan
- College dropout Ralph, played by Greg Shilling
- Jesus Christ, played by Doug Dean
- Given the current changes to Oregon law, it’s “high” time this show returned to Portland. Going green was never so awesome.
Directed by John Monteverde; Musical Director: Jim Liptak
*Reefer Madness is for mature audiences only. It contains adult humor, implied drug use and religious parody