From our sponsors:
2016 Oregon Zoo Summer Concerts
Tickets on sale April 22, 2016
For full schedule & tickets, see zooconcerts.com
Get Your tickets early with pre-sale code ‘PDXP’ at 10 a.m. on April 20!
Seven more headliners, eight more nights of fun and music, and the Oregon Zoo’s 2016 summer concert series, presented by the Oregon College Savings Plan and Banfield Pet Hospital, has come fully into focus.
The third and final collection of dates and headliners features two nights with local favorites Pink Martini, and one night each with Texas legend Lyle Lovett and his Large Band, The B-52s with The English Beat, Ziggy Marley with Steel Pulse, from Orquesta Buena Vista Social Club Omara Portuondo & Eliades Ochoa, and Jake Bugg. A year after selling out one version of its TOUR DE COMPADRES, NEEDTOBREATHE returns with a bunch of friends—including Eugene-native Mat Kearney, John Mark McMillan, and Welshly Arms.
Tickets for this final group of shows go on sale at 10 a.m. April 22 and can be purchased at ZooConcerts.com. Pre-sale tickets will be available beginning at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, April 20. To receive pre-sale access, register for the Zoo Concerts newsletter, also at ZooConcerts.com.
Chicago, fresh from their recent induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, will kick the 2016 series off on June 19.
- June 19: Chicago, Rita Wilson
- July 2: “case/lang/veirs (Neko Case/k.d. lang/ Laura Veirs) w/ Andy Shauf
- July 3: An Evening w/ Lyle Lovett and His Large Band
- July 16: Phillip Pihillips & Matt Nathanson w/ A Great Big World
- July 22: UB40 featuring Ali Campbell, Astro & Micky 2016, w/ The Wailers
- July 23: The B-52s w/ The English Beat
- July 29: An Evening w/ ThePianoGuys
- July 31: Flogging Molly w/ Frank Turner
- August 4: Ziggy Marley Live w/ Steel Pulse
- August 5: Pink Martini Featuring China Forbes and Storm Large
- August 6: Pink Martini Featuring China Forbes and Storm Large
- August 19: Fitz & The Tantrums: Get Right Back Summer Tour
- August 20: Lord Huron, Trampled by Turtles
- August 28: From the Buena Vista Social Club: Omara Portuondo & Eliades Ochoa
- September 2: NeedToBreathe Presents Tour de Compadres
- September 9: Jake Bugg
In 1979, the Oregon Zoo became the first in America to host a summer concert series. The series has become one of the top outdoor events in the Northwest, and is the region’s longest continuously running outdoor series.
The zoo is a service of Metro and is dedicated to its mission of inspiring the community to create a better future for wildlife. Committed to conservation, the zoo is currently working to save endangered California condors, Oregon silverspot and Taylor’s checkerspot butterflies, western pond turtles and Oregon spotted frogs. Other projects include studies on Asian elephants, polar bears, orangutans and giant pandas. The zoo relies in part on donations through the Oregon Zoo Foundation to undertake these and many other animal welfare, education and sustainability programs.
The zoo opens at 10 a.m. daily and is located five minutes from downtown Portland, just off Highway 26. The zoo is also accessible by MAX light rail line. Visitors who travel to the zoo via MAX receive $1.50 off zoo admission. Call TriMet Customer Service, 503-238-RIDE (7433), or visit www.trimet.org for fare and route information.