We are giving away tickets for a party of 4 to Holi Hai @ The Barrel Room on March 13. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Friday, March 11.
From our sponsors:
2016 PORTLAND HOLI HAI
March 13, 2016
Doors open at 3 pm, Party till 6pm!
ADV $12-$18, $25 Doors | 21+
More info: prashantkakad.com
105 NW 3rd Ave, Portland OR
Come dressed in white, dance with colors, (2 color packs & Chai included in the ticket price)
Hosted by the multi-talented & celebrated Bollywood Entertainer:
Come dressed in white & enjoy the Festival of Colors – Holi, which marks the beginning of spring. Dance the night away soaked in Gulal (Holi Powder Colors)!
- There will be a Holi special Bollywood dance lesson at 3:45pm
- Jai Ho! Dance Troupe Holi performance at 4pm.
- Your ticket prices include 2 color packets. Strictly NO OUTSIDE COLORS ALLOWED
- Colors can be played with ONLY at designated tent outside the nightclub.
- We will provide colors to play Holi with at 4 pm, dress up (preferably) in white clothes and let’s get ready to be messy!
- Sing, Dance and Paint the Town, Bollywood Style!
- $12 (groups of 4 or more), $18 advance online & $25 at the door
- Holi colors provided at 4pm.
- Professional Photos
- Holi Dance Performance at 4 pm followed by Holi colors!
- FREE Chai with ticket price, Indian snacks available for sale.
Doors open at 3 pm – 21+ w/ proper ID – Party till 6pm!
Online advance Tickets starting at $12.
All ticket sales are final.
★ Community Partners ★
“Prashant & Jai Ho! Dance Troupe spreading Bollywood in Portland” – KGW-TV
“Prashant is creating a new kind of club culture, where the east meets the west” – KING5 TV (Video)
“Vanguard for emerging cultural movement” – The Asian Reporter
“Making Bhangra & Bollywood big in Portland” – The Oregonian
“Bringing Bollywood to Portland” – Oregon Music News
After graduating from the prestigious Ivy League Cornell University, Prashant joined Intel Corporation as an Engineer & worked for four years. In 2009 he quit Intel to follow his passion for Bollywood.
Flash forward four years, Prashant is now celebrated as one of the most exuberant & energetic Bollywood Entertainers of North America, Prashant has moved masses across both coasts of America including in New York City, Washington D.C., L.A., Bay Area, Seattle and Portland.
His high-energy performance includes LIVE singing, dancing & seamless DJ’ing to eclectic Indian inspired crossover music that appeals to audience of all ages & nationalities. The charismatic dance lessons he brings into his performance compel everyone to join in the dance routines transforming a simple dance party into a full fledged Bollywood Musical within minutes.
In Jan 2010 Prashant founded the popular Jai Ho! Dance Party which occurs monthly in Portland & Seattle.
Prashant’s work has been covered by American media in both news papers as well as TV coverage, he was also asked to share his story on TEDx conference which continues to inspire many.
Checkout photos from last year here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100487131840685.2617564.413259&type=3