There are more than 50 galleries having openings this month, with most openings taking place in the Pearl district and Old Town/China Town. Most gallery openings begin at 5PM or 6PM and end at 9PM or 10PM.
We have a very large list below thanks to Sequential Art Gallery (328 NW Broadway). They compile an email called the “[h]IT LIST” of events every month. You can join it by emailing them @ sequentialart @ gmail dot com. We have reproduced much of it below with permission.
FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our email list if you like free stuff
Related Portland Events & Info:
- Win A Quest ($49): Uncover Portland’s Hidden Mysteries in The New Year on Urban Adventure Quest’s Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure! | Give the Gift of Adventure! + Discount / Promo Code
- Win Tickets ($90): Test Your Skills w/ Escapism Portland! | See If You Can Make It Out In 1 Hour, Live Interactive Game, Unravel the Mysteries to Escape The Jungle Ransom!
- Win Tickets ($20): Pioneer Paper to Modern Daily: Henry Pittock’s Oregonian @ Pittock Mansion | Get the Scoop on How Newspaper Evolved During a Period of Huge Technological Change (February 1-June 19)
Everett Station Lofts
625 NW Everett & 328 NW Broadway
Old Town Chinatown
- COMPOUND [107 NW 5th Ave] – Open First Thursday
- DUPLEX [219 NW Couch] -“Creating a Place for Home” group show
- FIFTY24PDX/ UPPER PLAYGROUND [23 NW 5th] -Book and Print Fair
- FLOATING WORLD COMICS [400 NW Couch] – “Mean Girls Club” release party and exhibit with Ryan Heshka
- HELLION [19 NW 5th] – “Art Not Image” group show
- OREGON NIKKEI LEGACY CENTER [121 NW 2nd] – Open First Thursday
- TRIM/VOJDANI GALLERY at P:EAR [338 NW 6th Ave] -“State of Figuration: Murdoch Collections features the works of Bennet Norrbo and other artists”
- STICKS & STONES [427 NW 6th] – “Demigoddess Visions” by Sydney Lee
- ANNIE MEYER [120 NW 9th Ave] – Valentine’s Day Art Show
- AUGEN NW [716 NW Davis] -Work by James Minden and Jim Dine
- BASIL HALLWARD GALLERY @ POWELL’S [1005 W. Burnside] – “If These Houses Could Dream…” by Kimberly Cordray
- BLACKFISH [420 NW 9th Ave] – Images and Objects of Native American artist James Luna
BLUE SKY [122 NW 8th Ave] -Photography by Michelle Frankfurter and Kris Graves
BRYN FORBES GALLERY [1102 NW Marshall] – Open FirstThursday
BULLSEYE [300 NW 13th Ave] – “The Emotional Life of Objects” by Silvia Levenson, Dante Marioni and Heidi Schwegler
CHARLES A HARTMAN FINE ART [134 NW 8th Ave] -“Conversations with the Dead” by Danny Lyon
ELIZABETH LEACH [417 NW 9th Ave] – “stone, cloth, flushed cloud” by Charlene Liu; “Drawing to Planet Earth” by Christine Bourdette
FROELICK [714 NW Davis] -“Unweaving the Colonial Discourse” by Gail Tremblay
GALLERY 135 [135 NW Park] – Open First Thursday
GALLERY 903 [903 NW Davis St.] – “In Real Life” representational work from NW artists.
GLYPH [804 NW Couch] – Open First Thursday
LAURA RUSSO [805 NW 21st] – Portland Art Museum’s 2016 Contemporary NW Art Award Winners
- MUSEUM of CONTEMPORARY CRAFT [724 NW Davis] – Craft Advanced Research Projects Agency
- OPEN GALLERY [323 NW 6th] -“The Good The Bad & The Ugly” by Annie McLaughlin
- PDX CONTEMPORARY [925 NW Flanders] – “Night & Day” by Jeffry Mitchell
- PEARL GALLERY & FRAMING[1017 NW Davis St] – “Medulla Oblongata” by Nathan Petz
- UPFOR [929 NW Flanders] -“Pain Tero Flight” group show
- WATERSTONE [124 NW 9th] – “Imbue/Imbuere” by Shu-Ju Wang
- ATTIC GALLERY [206 SE 1st Ave] – Open First Thursday
- FOURTEEN30 CONTEMPORARY [1501 SW Market] – “Light Grammar/Grammar Light” by Mike Bray
- MARK WOOLEY @ PIONEER PLACE [700 SW 5th Ave, 3rd Floor] – Open First Thursday
- PEOPLE’S ART of PORTLAND @ PIONEER PLACE [700 SW 5th Ave, 3rd Floor] – Open FirstThursday
- POND GALLERY [920 W. Burnside] – “Wild Apple Girl” by Rebecca Aremisa
- PORTLAND ART MUSEUM [1219 SW Park] – Open FirstThursday,exhibits include the world’s greatest cat painting, “My Wife’s Lovers”.
- PORTLAND’5 CENTERS for the ARTS [1111 SW Broadway] – Open First Thursday
- SCANDALS [1125 SW Stark] Work by Lisa Gilbo
Our new Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here