Photo: Peacock Lane Pedestrian Night
Photo by npGREENWAY
The holiday season is approaching, and residents of Southeast Portland’s Peacock Lane are once again planning their legendary light displays. Pedestrian Safety nights are back and the street will be closed to car traffic December 18-20.
FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff!
Related Portland Holiday Events and Info:
- Calendar: Portland Holiday Events: Bazaars, Shopping, Christmas, Local Markets
- Lights Tour: FestiBus Portland Holiday / Christmas Lights Bus Tour w/ Portland Short Bus | Peacock Lane, Crale House, Gift Exchange (Dec 15-23)
- Cruise: Sleigh Rides on the Water w/ Portland Spirit | Join the Christmas Ships Parade, Holiday Lights, Hot Chocolate, Beautiful Views (Dec 7-20)
- Kids: Portland Spirit Cinnamon Bear Holiday Cruises | Storytelling, Magic, Holiday / Christmas Treats (Dec 13-27)
- History Tour: Portland Walking Tour – Shanghaiers, Saloons & Skullduggery: A Walking Tour of Portland’s Sinful Past | Hauntings, Debauchery & More! (Dec 19)
Peacock LN, Portland, OR 97214
The holiday season is approaching, and residents of Southeast Portland’s Peacock Lane are once again planning their legendary light displays. One of Portland’s most beloved holiday traditions, Peacock Lane residents have been decking out their homes for decades.
As always, Peacock Lane does not charge an admission fee to view the lights, and asks that groups and individuals help keep the event commercial-free by not distributing flyers or soliciting for sales or donations.
- Lights on December 15th-31st from 6 to 11 PM (midnight on 12/24 and 12/31)
- PEDESTRIANS ONLY December 18th, 19th, and 20th (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)
In the event of additional, unplanned closures by Portland Police due to large crowds, updates will be posted to Twitter, FaceBook, and peacocklane.net pages. Those who must see the lights from a car are encouraged to check online before visiting.
Free Cocoa and Cider
Cocoa booth open December 15th-24th, 6 PM until sold out.
Cocoa and cider are provided free of charge, but donations of cash and canned goods are accepted at the cocoa booth when open. A portion of cocoa booth proceeds will be donated to Make-A-Wish® Oregon.
Transportation and Parking
Traffic can become quite heavy in the area during the lights season. Visitors to Peacock Lane are encouraged to view the lights by foot, if possible, for the best experience. Utilize free street parking several blocks away (do not park in Walgreens lot) or public transportation (TriMet buses 15, 75, and 20 have stops within a block; http://trimet.org/go/cgi-bin/
Peacock Lane would like to thank:
- Boyd’s Coffee and Tea for generous donation of cocoa and cider supplies
- Volunteers of America for mixing and delivering cocoa and cider daily
- Waste Management for donation of products and services to help manage neighborhood litter
- Sunnyside Neighborhood Association and SE Uplift for ongoing logistical support every year
Connect With Peacock Lane
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/
- Web site: http://www.peacocklane.net
Our new Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town.
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here