Starting Friday, the Square will be transformed into Portland’s largest outdoor movie theater for the entire community to enjoy. Flicks on the Bricks will begin at 7pm with live entertainment provided by 101.9 KINK followed by the movie which will begin at dusk.
FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff!
Related Portland Events & Info
- Win Tickets ($20): Ball Gowns to Bloomers: Spotlight on the Clothing Collection @ Pittock Mansion | Discover Daily History Through the Fashion We Wore (Opens July 18)
- Win Tickets ($100): Oregon Humane Society Benefit 2015 Tail Wag @ Pomarius Nursery and Castaway | Party Like an Animal w/ Cocktails, Music By The Hit Machine, Dancing, Games & More! (July 24)
- Win Tickets ($70): Freedom Fest @ Pekin Ferry | Veterans Benefit, 12 Bands, Beer Garden, Camping, Raffle, Fireworks & More! (July 24-25)
- Win Tickets ($30): Philomath UnCorked Wine Walk | An Evening in The Heart of Willamette Valley Wine Country, Tasting Rooms, Shopping, + Hard Cider, Spirits & Beer (July 25)
- Win Registration ($70): SHOC Walk & Run Benefit for Ovarian Cancer | Clackamas River Route (August 1)
Pioneer Courthouse Square
701 Southwest 6th Avenue Portland, Oregon 97204
(503) 223-1613 | More info: www.thesquarepdx.org
Pioneer Courthouse Square is bringing back the annual summer movie series Flicks on the Bricks Presented by SmartPark. For five consecutive Friday nights in July and August, the Square will truly be transformed into Portland’s Living Room with FREE pre-movie entertainment and a FREE movie. Titles were selected by the public through an online voting process, held earlier this year, and we are pleased to announce the following popular movie selections as this year’s official lineup beginning on July 24th:
- July 24: Raiders of the Lost Ark (PG)
- July 31: The Lego Movie (PG)
- August 7: Grease (PG-13)
- August 14: The Breakfast Club (R)
- August 21: Mrs. Doubtfire (PG-13)
Each Flicks on the Bricks event will kick off at 7 pm with live entertainment provided by 101.9 Kink followed by movies which will begin at dusk. Admission to each movie is FREE and attendees are encouraged to bring low back chairs, pillows, cushions or bean bags to truly make the Square their ‘Living Room.’ Food and beverages will be available on-site for purchase from some of Portland’s favorite Food Trucks including Dump Truck, VooDoo Doughnuts, and Salt & Straw.
People attending Flicks on the Bricks will also have the chance to sit in “The Best Seat in the Square” furnished by IKEA Portland! The prize will include comfortable premiere movie seating on a sofa, chair and coffee table along with treats to enjoy throughout the movie. Attendees can enter to win on the day of each movie at the 101.9 Kink and IKEA booths on the Square before the movie begins. Winners will be announced by 101.9 Kink prior to the start of each movie.
Pioneer Courthouse Square encourages Flicks on the Bricks attendees to “Park Smartly” for each movie at one of the six SmartPark garages located conveniently throughout Downtown. SmartPark’s parking rates start at the low price of $1.60 per hour for the first four hours of parking.
Pioneer Courthouse Square is grateful to all of the community sponsors who have made the 12th Annual Flicks on the Bricks possible. Their generous contributions bring FREE, fun and family-friendly entertainment to the heart of Downtown Portland.
For updated information on all events happening at Pioneer Courthouse Square this summer please visit: www.thesquarepdx.org, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter @thesquarepdx.
Our new Portland Events App for PDX Pipeline is now available for iPhones, Android phones and iPads!
Now, you can have all of the great Portland Events from our website in the palm of your hand when you’re out on the town. We have also added live happy hours, concert schedules and movies times to help you plan a fun night out in Portland!
Download the App for iPhone here
Download the App for Android here