We are giving away tickets for a party of 5 to Portland Memorial Day Weekend Get On UP! Michael Jackson Re-Mixed & Re-Imagined @ The Goodfoot on May 23. To win, comment on this post why you’d like to attend. Winner will be drawn and emailed Friday, May 22.

FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top music and art venues in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff!

Get On UP! Michael Jackson Re-Mixed & Re-Imagined with TAKIMBA & DJ SaucyGet On UP! Michael Jackson Re-Mixed & Re-Imagined with TAKIMBA & DJ Saucy
May 23, 2015
Doors open 9pm / Music at 10pm | $5 | 21+
More info: thegoodfoot.com

The Goodfoot
2845 SE Stark St, Portland, OR 97214
(503) 239-9292

DJ’s Takimba and Saucy return with ‘Get On UP!’ They’re bringing 4 hours of funk, breaks, hip hop, house, boogie and disco filled with Michael Jackson samples, remixes and beats to keep your head bouncing and feet moving. The selectors will be trading off and teaming up throughout the night to keep it fresh. Equipped with turntables, laptops and controllers, they’ll be mixing, blending and scratching—and they have something for everyone, no matter your flavor.

TAKIMBA draws from his unique heritage to bring a blend of dance floor heat that crosses genres and continents. Drawing from downtempo & dub to funk & breaks he draws from a wide selection to fit the dance floors temperature, whether he’s sharing the stage with the funky Fort Knox 5 or the dubby sounds of Ott. With over a decade of experience lighting up dance floors, His signature blend of West Coast bass with beats and pieces of international electronica keeps your feet moving and spine aligned. When he’s not traveling the globe in search of audio gems he’s holding down The Melting Pot Radio Show in Portland.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 Responses to Win Tickets ($25): Portland Memorial Day Weekend Get On UP! Michael Jackson Re-Mixed & Re-Imagined @ The Goodfoot | w/ TAKIMBA & DJ Saucy

1. CARMA May 18, 2015 at 3:58 pm #

This sounds perfectly delicious! What Fun! I would be honored to attend an event with such divine sublimity (and even more honored should it be won Won WON!!) !!! Good, Carma

2. Aaron James May 18, 2015 at 5:47 pm #

I’ve been a MikeJack fan since day one…in 1981 I wrote him a letter and sent in a colorful envelope. ..amazingly he replied (probably cuz i was 10 :) but now I dj from time to time and I dig mashups, so the two combined are just dope..

3. Nini May 18, 2015 at 8:15 pm #

I’m a workaholic… But Dancing is my only stress relief… Tickets pleaseeeeee!!!!?!

4. Kevin May 19, 2015 at 3:08 pm #

This would be fun

5. Rebekah May 20, 2015 at 4:01 pm #

This sounds like an amazing event and a perfect opportunity for my partner and I to bond over our mutual love of MJ’s music! My partner and his friends are a bit older than I am and his musical tastes are somewhat different from mine but MJ is one of the keystones of our musical libraries where we agree, and I’d be so thrilled to surprise him with tickets! He has loads of friends who would be only too happy to join us at a moment’s notice, and I know at least two of my girlfriends would absolutely love to come to this event, too! Please give us the tickets and we’ll bring the party!

6. Dana May 21, 2015 at 4:23 pm #

HECK YEAH! This show sounds awesome. We would love to take our weekend guests from WA here for the night! We all love us some MJ!

7. Kelly May 21, 2015 at 10:58 pm #

LET’S DANCE OUR STRESS AWAAAAAY

8. Drew May 21, 2015 at 10:59 pm #

I would love to go to this and take a sexy female to dance to some MJ!!

9. Eagarmeister May 22, 2015 at 10:01 am #

A fan since riding the bus to school–older, cool kids in the back–but me? Younger, near the front, secretly dancing to the tape playing so loud my friends held their ears.

Hope to get in–would be a great time with likely a great crowd. :)

10. Jade Barker May 22, 2015 at 10:15 am #

I am ready to dance this weekend! Need to practice my MJ moves for sure. This sounds terrific. KING OF POP forever!

11. Mary May 23, 2015 at 12:31 pm #

I have three friends coming up to Portland today/tonight from L.A., and all they want to do is dance. We could definitely use free tickets for a fun night out!

12. Alison Lee May 24, 2015 at 7:18 am #

Tomorrow I fly to Portland from Alaska and would LOVE to make this event the highlight of my Portland visit!! A Big Gulp of Michael Jackson nostalia sounds divine!