From our sponsors:
ENSO Anniversary Celebration
May 22-24, 2015
More info: www.ensowinery.com
ENSO Winery in SE Portland is proud to announce their 4th Anniversary celebration this Memorial Day weekend, May 22-24. Turning four has been quite an accomplishment for ENSO, having been recognized as 2014 Bar of the Year by Willamette Week. So we’re celebrating in three distinct ways!
#1 – Portland Sangria Release Party
The weekend-long extravaganza begins with ENSO unveiling their new design of Portland Sangria “Cans to Go.” The Portland Sangria Release Party is Friday night May 22nd at ENSO from 6-9pm. Get ready to say “olé,” as this fiesta will be a celebration you don’t want to miss! ENSO will be pouring Sangria to their posse of patrons while they enjoy tacos from the notorious taco maven, Taco Pedaler, and a live Mariachi band to boot.
- What: Portland Sangria Release Party
- When: May 22nd 6-9pm
- Where: ENSO Urban Winery, 1416 SE Stark Street, Portland, OR 97214
- Admission: Free entry, open to public, 21+
- Special information: $1.00 off cans of Sangria, tacos available for purchase by Taco Pedaler, live Mariachi Band
#2 – Winemaker’s Dinner at Cocotte
Then on Saturday May 23rd ENSO and Cocotte will join forces to co-host a 5-course wine pairing dinner at Cocotte in NE Portland! Chef Kat Liebman will be featuring seasonal fresh produce, seafood and lamb while ENSO winemaker Ryan Sharp will pour perfectly-paired wines: Pinot Gris, Riesling, Cabernet Franc Rosé, Counoise, and Mourvèdre .
To be a part of this culinary and wine event at Cocotte, you can book tickets at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/1606406. There are two seatings for this special anniversary event: 5:30pm & 8:00pm. These tickets are going fast, so book your tickets online as seating is limited. For more information, contact Cocotte at 503.227.2669.
#3 – Russian Happy Hour
What better way to round up the weekend than to take both 2014 Restaurant of the Year Kachka and 2014 Bar of the Year ENSO and pair them up for a Russian Happy Hour? This joint venture of food and drink will take place in the ENSO Barrel Room on Sunday from 4-7pm.
ENSO will be serving their famous BUBBLES—a Sparkling Pinot Gris made Méthode Ancestrale—while Chef Bonnie Morales will provide her famous Russian appetizers. Guests will also enjoy toasting the success of both ENSO and Kachka with a special shot of Horseradish Vodka.
- What: Bubbles and Babushkas Russian Happy Hour
- When: May 24th, 4-7pm
- Where: Barrel Room at ENSO Urban Winery, 1416 SE Stark Street, Portland, OR 97214
- Admission: $25.00 per person, RSVP by emailing [email protected]
- Special information: Guest will receive a glass of BUBBLES, light appetizers and a shot of Horseradish Vodka